Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Macy's Amex to Costco Amex

tag
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

PC Macy's Amex to Costco Amex

Is it possible to change the Macy's Amex to a Costco Amex?  We rarely go to Macy's.  

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
boonelb
Regular Contributor

Re: PC Macy's Amex to Costco Amex

I believe Costco Amex is actually issued by American Express and Macy's Amex is issued By GE.  I do not believe it would be possible to PC it.

Message 2 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@techiegirl wrote:

Is it possible to change the Macy's Amex to a Costco Amex?  We rarely go to Macy's.  

Costco is issued by American Express Centerion Bank

Macy's American Express is issues by Department Stores National Bank which if you follow down the line far enough or up the line! is Citi.

No Product Change.

Message 3 of 7
techiegirl
Regular Contributor

Oh well.  Thanks for the answer anyway.  I want to get the Costo Amex card, but don't want another pull.  

FICO: EQ - 809 TU- 808 EX - 797
Message 4 of 7
Zahnrosen
Contributor

The Costco Amex is my first card from American Express and it's really good. That and a Chase Sapphire Preferred are my two everyday cards and they're worth it. I'd say, take the  hit and apply away.

Message 5 of 7
kayvee_
Regular Contributor

You should be able to use your Macys AMEX at Costco, but I dont think you get any type of rewards.

Message 6 of 7
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@techiegirl wrote:

Costco is issued by American Express Centerion Bank

Macy's American Express is issues by Department Stores National Bank which if you follow down the line far enough or up the line! is Citi.

No Product Change.

Smiley Happy Well said.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.