Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC? Move CL?- A few questions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC? Move CL?- A few questions

I have three different cards that I don't see getting any use out of in the future. I'm wondering what my options are. 

Chase

Freedom $6600 (since 2002)

Amazon $5000 (since 2011)

Slate $3500 - currently $3300 on 0% (Opened 12/14)

We have bounced around using the two Chase cards as our primary and generally pay in full (last statement). The Amazon is going to pretty much only be used for  Amazon and Drugstores. Freedom mostly for 5%

Citi

TY $4860

DP $3500

Capital One

Platinum $3500

Last three are at $0 and SD'd. 

Planning to mostly use Arrival+ and BCP going forward, with Freedom, Amazon and Discover when it makes sense. (Toying with the idea of SM since we'll max groceries). 

So -

Chase - I could see having an Ink for the telcom 5%. Would I be able to PC the Slate? I realize now the Slate is a pretty useless card. (If I knew then what I know now and all that). I'd miss a sign up bonus, but I could do it without losing anything. I could wait and get an Ink down the line. I thought the lower limit on the Slate meant Chase doesn't like me, but I hear that Slate often gets lower limits. 

Citi - They're both really useless. I don't NEED a DC, but if I had to use it, I'd rather it be a DC than either of those. 

Cap One - This was a Direct Rewards, then HSBC, now Cap One. I've tried chat for AF waiver and been told no twice. The fee charges in June. I will do something with it before then. I really don't need anything. I'd been saying I'll just close it if I can't get the AF waived. I'll take a small hit to my Util, but hopefully I'll do a 3x CLI on an AmEx by then and it'll more than take care of it. 

Besides the cards listed, I have a CU Visa with a healthy limit and an AmEx TE. I just got the BCP and A+ this week. Besides my Discover with a BT on it, DH just got a nice Discover this week. 

WWYD? 

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.