Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Question - BoA Cash Rewards to Better Balance

tag
heyitsyeh
Frequent Contributor

Re: PC Question - BoA Cash Rewards to Better Balance

You really only need one of your cards to have Signature benefits, and the Quicksilver is the perfect candidate.

TU: 777 | EQ: 814 | EX: 764
Last INQ: 3/26/21
AAoA: 4y 7m
Lowest limit: Chase Freedom Visa - $13,000
Highest limit: Discover It - $56,500
Available credit: $200,600 (8 cards)
Message 11 of 15
CMoney91
Valued Member

That would be awesome, but Cap One is kind of stingy with their limits / increases.  I only have 3k right now.  I imagine it will take quite a while for them to increase me to the 5000 limit.

Sallie Mae BarclayCard - $3000 (6 Months) | Chase Freedom - $3500 (6 Months)
Capital One Quicksilver - $6000 (9 Months) | Bank of America Better Balance - $5000 (9 Months)
Rooms to Go GECapital - $6600 (9 Months) | Discover IT - $4300 (2+ Years)
Subprime Accounts: 1FBUSA - $5500 (4+ Years) | Capital One Platinum MC - $1250 (4+ Years)
Message 12 of 15
JeffM
Contributor

@MACFRME wrote:

Yes, but I only had $1.40. It is worth the loss in the long run. To earn the free $100 or $120 per year with the Cash Rewards card, you need to spend:

$10,000 or $12,000 in 1% the general purchases category. OR

$5,000 or $6,000 in the 2% on groceries ctegory. OR

~$3,325 or $4,000 in the 3% gas category.

If you spend less than that, Better Balance makes more sense for you.

Agreed. That's what went into my thinking too. I currently have $16 in rewards and I think I'll just do a month of MS to get it over the $25 mark and then PC. Thanks so much for the info Smiley Happy

Wells Fargo Cash Back - $2400 || Bank of America Cash Rewards - $5000 || Discover IT - $5000 || American Express BCE - $15000

FICO TU - 769
Message 13 of 15
RENATO1

I tried to do the same PC just last month. BOA told me they will do a hard pull. Did they do an HP when you tried through a chat?

Message 14 of 15
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@RENATO1 wrote:

I tried to do the same PC just last month. BOA told me they will do a hard pull. Did they do an HP when you tried through a chat?

Unless they changed the policy recently, it should be just SP (it's actually more internal than anything) and shouldn't be HP.  The only time you can incur HP is if you decide to reallocate CLs between accounts (or consolidate CCs) or request a CLI.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.