cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC Question

tag
Nord

PC Question

Does your balance have to be $0 in order to PC to another card? Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Nord

Re: PC Question

Bump, as I have another question to add on to the first one. Smiley Very Happy

Is it possible to get the signup bonuses (e.g., cashback, introductory APR) that one would get from opening a new card, when PC-ing to it?

Message 2 of 6
bluedog1
Regular Contributor

Which card? You don't have to have a $0 balance. Everything should remain the same: account #, CL, APR, etc. You usually won't qualify for any sign up bonus since PCing is not the same as applying for a new card.

Message 3 of 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

I just PC my Citi AAdvantage Amex to the Hilton Reserve. I had a small balance at the time (about 400) and there was no problem. Had the new card in the mail within 10 days.

As for sign-up bonuses, it is very rare but in most cases no, one does not qualify with a PC.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 6
agent_bob
New Contributor

does the balance have to be $0 in order to PC?
In my experience, no. I recently PC'ed from a BofA Power Rewards to the Cash Rewards and I had a balance of about $150. Still waiting for my PC to go into effect, but I did see the change on my accounts online (haven't received the card yet)

As for sign up offers / rewards? No. In my scenario I was not able to get the sign up offers.

how to cancel free trial of score watch
Chase Freedom Unlimited - $15,000 (5/16) | Discover IT - $9,800 (3/13) | Chase Freedom - $7,000 (12/12) | BofA 123 Cash - $7,500 (10/10)
Message 5 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@bluedog1 wrote:

Which card? You don't have to have a $0 balance. Everything should remain the same: account #, CL, APR, etc. You usually won't qualify for any sign up bonus since PCing is not the same as applying for a new card.

+1

It depends on the lender.  For instance, with Citi or Chase, the account being PC'd from needs to be elegible and open for a minimum of 12 months to be considered.  For Chase, the balance on the current product needs to be $0.  Citi can PC with a current balance, however, the terms and conditions usually switch within 45 days (approximately).

APR can change (higher or lower depending on the product - if offered - and in most cases the account number may stay the same.  Except when the product being changed to is only available on a different payment network (i.e. Visa vs MC, etc.).

Typically, any sign up bonuses, APR BT offers or promotions will not migrate to the newly converted product.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.