Valued Member
Linear23

PC Richards Unauthorized Hard Pull Removal?

Hi everyone,

I have an issue and wanted to get advice from the pros here at myfico.

I just closed on a home and went to PC Richards for new appliances. My reason for going there is I already have a card from them so I wouldn't have to apply for new credit. The appliances were a little more money than I had on my card so the salesman asked if I wanted to apply for a CLI. After he told me it was a soft pull, I said yes. When he put me on the phone with the GEmoney CSR I asked her if it was just a soft pull and she said it was a hard pull. I told her I wanted to withdraw my app because I don't want a hard pull with a credit card I already have. She spoke to her supervisor who said it hadn't gone through yet because they were waiting on my phone number verification. I said great and walked out of the store.

I woke up this morning to an alert for a new inquiry from PC Richards on my credit report.

How do I get this removed?

Sorry for such a long post! I just wanted to give all of the details.

Thanks in advance.
Frequent Contributor
CreditJim

Re: PC Richards Unauthorized Hard Pull Removal?

Good luck!

Arrival+ WEMC $17.2k | Executive AA WEMC $15k | Quicksilver WMC 15k | SWACU Visa $15k | Amex Biz Platinum | Amex PRG | Amex SPG $10.5k | Amex SPG Biz $5k | Spark Visa $8k | Freedom $11.5k | Discover it $5k | VentureOne WMC $5k | Lowe's Store $17k | Walmart Store $3300 | Amazon Store $2500 | J Crew $4100
Established Contributor
Smug

It early, I read the title as hair removal ...lol
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Valued Contributor
vish1

I am almost sure, you won't be able to take it off. Even if you can, it may NOT be worth all the effort.

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

vish1 wrote:

I am almost sure, you won't be able to take it off. Even if you can, it may NOT be worth all the effort.

I agree with this. It was authorised when you asked for the increase the first time. Maybe it didn't go completely through, but the report was probably pulled right away.

09Lexie

^1

You could call back and ask them to delete the inquiry. Or you can get the CLI since they have already pulled your CR
Valued Contributor
FinStar

navigatethis12 wrote:

vish1 wrote:

I agree with this. It was authorised when you asked for the increase the first time. Maybe it didn't go completely through, but the report was probably pulled right away.

+1

Valued Member
Linear23

Thank you all very much for answering.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}