tag
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Re: PC a Citi Hilton Reserve to Simplicity or Double Cash

@jsucool76 wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

My understanding is that you can't PC to or from Simplicity.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to get rid of mine!

Why? I thought it was no fee?

IDK why.  I may very well be wrong.  I hope I am!

Here's a relevant thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-PC-Simplicity-to-Double-Cash/m-p/3394685/highlight...

Why would anyone want to pc TO a simplicity?

I currently have a Citi Hilton reserve. It has a 95usd/yr fee and I already have an Amex Hilton. I don't spend 10K on this card so that I can get the free night, so the card is worthless. Actually it's less than worthless because it costs me money. I could just close the card but I'd much rather just PC it to any other non-fee citi card to keep the trade line open and not effect my AAoA. The simplicity doesn't have a fee. Hope that answers the question.  

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@jsucool76 wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

My understanding is that you can't PC to or from Simplicity.  Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, I would love to get rid of mine!

Why? I thought it was no fee?

IDK why.  I may very well be wrong.  I hope I am!

Here's a relevant thread:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Citi-PC-Simplicity-to-Double-Cash/m-p/3394685/highlight...

I currently have a Citi Hilton reserve. It has a 95usd/yr fee and I already have an Amex Hilton. I don't spend 10K on this card so that I can get the free night, so the card is worthless. Actually it's less than worthless because it costs me money. I could just close the card but I'd much rather just PC it to any other non-fee citi card to keep the trade line open and not effect my AAoA. The simplicity doesn't have a fee. Hope that answers the question.  

The simplicity is useless aside from the promotional APR. You can get 4-5% lower APRs on standard cards (CU cards, Barclay's Ring, etc). Your AAoA won't get lower if you close the account. It will stay on your credit for 10 years. If your current card is among your older cards though, closing the trade line will be bad longterm (after 10 years). A PC to the Simplicity is fine if you are doing it just to avoid the AF. But see if you can get something better or if you can move the CL to another card. As a last resort a PC to the Simplicity is fine, I guess. 

Message 12 of 16
Brax
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:

Because of its simplicity? Smiley LOL

Message 13 of 16
unc0mm0n1
Established Contributor

Once again, I'm not sure you're getting it. I'm going to cancel my Citi Hilton if I can't PC. I don't care about rewards. None of the citi cards are actually going to get any of my spend. Citi is also coding more of the type of MS I like to do as CAs. So my choices are close the card or just PC to something else and keep it open so in ten years it doesn't drop off my report. Also I keep a relationship with Citi and I keep my CL thus lowering my util. I know the simplicity sucks if you actually use it but I don't plan to use it. 

Last App March 23, 2015. Gardening until November 25, 2015
Current Score: 766 EX 734 EQ 780 TU 6/30/2015Starting Score/Goal Score: 580s/780s across the board
Message 14 of 16
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Once again, I'm not sure you're getting it. I'm going to cancel my Citi Hilton if I can't PC. I don't care about rewards. None of the citi cards are actually going to get any of my spend. Citi is also coding more of the type of MS I like to do as CAs. So my choices are close the card or just PC to something else and keep it open so in ten years it doesn't drop off my report. Also I keep a relationship with Citi and I keep my CL thus lowering my util. I know the simplicity sucks if you actually use it but I don't plan to use it. 

Wouldn't Double Cash make more sense than Simplicity?  Even if you don't plan to use it at least you would get rewards if you ever did.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@unc0mm0n1 wrote:

Wouldn't Double Cash make more sense than Simplicity?  Even if you don't plan to use it at least you would get rewards if you ever did.

I'd say so.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.