Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC a QS1 to a World Elite QS today!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC a QS1 to a World Elite QS today!

My first exciting change for me in a while, have had this card for while. Started out maybe 6 years ago as a platinum card. 1.5 years ago started my credit building journey as I had just been sitting idle really. Moved from a $500 platinum to a QS1 and then got some big CLIs over about 6 months and made it to 5k on my QS1. Been sitting there for maybe 8 months stuck seemingly.

Contacted Cap1 via chat today asking about offers on my account. Was told I could switch to QS, Venture or Venture One. What? They told me where to look on my account and said it would be there but it was not. Was then sent to new chat rep, he said I could switch to World Elite QS with no problem and we could do it right then. Okay I said! First WE MC and happy to have movement on my Cap1 cards and to no longer have an annual fee!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC a QS1 to a World Elite QS today!

Congrats on your successful journey! Just out of curiosity, is it a WEMC or a WMC? From what I have been told and have read time and time again was that Cap1 had a WEMC program as a trial run that didn't last long; so they offer WMCs. Hope you prove me wrong Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I was pretty sure the chat rep said world elite, but I could be wrong I won't know until the card comes. I will update when I know for sure, I will be happy either way so it does not matter to me! 

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on your successful journey! Just out of curiosity, is it a WEMC or a WMC? From what I have been told and have read time and time again was that Cap1 had a WEMC program as a trial run that didn't last long; so they offer WMCs. Hope you prove me wrong Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 13
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Where did they tell you it would be on your account? Congrats on the PC too!

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 4 of 13
ddemari
Super Contributor

thats awesome! congrats! whenever I ask they say unfortunately we dont do that, you have to be approved for that at the time of application. different days, different anwsers lol. 

Message 5 of 13
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

excellent, we are on the same path - $ 300 in 9/14, then 3300, then QS1, then 8300, and just got the QSW the other day.  fwiw pc on 2/11, card sent 2/18 and recieved on 2/25.  did not refresh on the account until around the 20th.  old school looking with nice world on it.  lots of features in the little manual they send with it.  going to cli it and venture in 2 weeks.  congrats again!

Message 6 of 13
Cookie2120987
Frequent Contributor

They still have the WEMC BUT it is only by invitation, you can not convert it while asking for a product change, you should see soon 48 hours or so if it's a world card or a World Eliete, if you did indeed get a world Eliete and not a world than you are very lucky for sure. Still a good change either way. I love the World customer service. Smiley Wink espcially when they call you by name when you call before you give your info...
@Anonymous wrote:

Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!
Message 8 of 13
noobody
Established Contributor

I hope you get it

BUT, I serious doubt those chat rep even know what World Elite mean.

Please report back when you get the actual card

EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 9 of 13
noobody
Established Contributor

@OP: Did you get the Elite card yet?
EX819 1HP|TU797 1HP| EQ(Fico8 BankCard)841
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.