Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC advice

I have two PCs (combining accounts in this case) I am considering and would like advice on both as well as observed success rates for the companies in question. My primary purpose for combining the accounts is ease of account management and placing higher CLs on cards I use more frequently.

First up the one I believe to be the most straight forward and easier decision. I have two Quicksilver cards after PCing my CapOne Plat to a QS and am considering combining the two to the former Plat account as it is my oldest line of active credit. If I understand correctly this shouldn't affect my AAoA until roughly a decade from now once the closed account falls off. Is this correct? The account that would be closed when the PC happens is my second oldest active account and this is oart of the reason I am asking.

The second PC is combining my Chase Amazon with my Chase Freedom. Now that I have the CITI DC and Amazon Prime card, the Chase Amazon card does not provide any benefit that I can't get from another card at more favorable terms so I see no reason to leave it open. How is Chase with combining accounts? Do they do a HP?

Does anyone have any suggestions on why these actions may be unwise? These changes are not necessary but just an attempt to simplify and get rid of some cards that are unlikely to see much use going forward. Thanks in advance for the wise words!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC advice

I haven't heard of anyone getting an HP from Chase to combine, but you should ask just in case.

Other than that, sounds like good ideas overall.

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not to threadjack, but my question is similar to OPs.

What's the benefit of going FROM Chase Amazon TO Chase Freedom?

Is the Freedom card THAT much better?
Message 3 of 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think for the OP's case they have gotten the amazon store card which gives 5% back on amazon (with prime) vs the 3% from the chase amazon card therefore making the chase amazon card "worthless" to them so they wish to preserve the CL by transfering it to their freedom (Note Chase doesn't allow you to PC the amazon card to freedom but does allow you to move the CL between the cards).

Message 4 of 9
IncrsCreditScore1
Valued Contributor

From what I understand, one cannot PC a store branded card (Amazon) to a regular Chase card.  However, again as I understand it, you can transfer $$ from the Amazon crd to the regular Chase card.

If that is incorrect, will somone advise, please.

January 2018 Scores - EQ 797 | TU 800 | EX 798 | ~~Started Gardening Again on March 21, 2017
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the information. I have a Chase Amazon and have been kicking around the idea of a PC but that looks to be out of the question.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I think for the OP's case they have gotten the amazon store card which gives 5% back on amazon (with prime) vs the 3% from the chase amazon card therefore making the chase amazon card "worthless" to them so they wish to preserve the CL by transfering it to their freedom (Note Chase doesn't allow you to PC the amazon card to freedom but does allow you to move the CL between the cards).

Does this mean I would need to move as much of the CL as I can and then close the account manually? 

Message 7 of 9
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Does this mean I would need to move as much of the CL as I can and then close the account manually? 

you should be able to move the limit and close the card in one call with Chase. some have reported being required to leave $500 on the card you are closing

Cap1 lets you do the combining online so no need to call them to do it.

Message 8 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Agree. Chase may have you hold 500 on one, but calling them should be fine. Cap1 is good for getting this all done through chat.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.