cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC and CLI old HSBC cards moving to Cap1?

tag
nickf4rr
Established Member

PC and CLI old HSBC cards moving to Cap1?

I have two old HSBC Cards (700, 1500 CL) that are moving to CapitalOne sometime this Summer/Fall.  (No annual fee, keep my AAoA high, why close 'em?)   Once some recent pay-offs hit, I'm planning on asking for CLI on my existing Platinum CapOne card and possibly a PC to the Cash Rewards card.  

Questions:

1) Is it worth trying to PC these?  As long as I get into something with no Annual Fee, does it matter?  (Planning on sockdrawering them)

2) Should I try to CLI both of them or wait until I can CLI all three?  (i.e. Will requesting a CLI on one credit line ban me for 6 mos from the others?)

3) My impression is that it's better to keep them open to retain the AAoA...and hopefully have luck with some CLIs--but will they offer something else?

Thanks!

Starting Score: 621 TU
Current Score: 621 TU
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
longclimbback
Regular Contributor

Re: PC and CLI old HSBC cards moving to Cap1?

I just got a CLI on my HSBC card from $700-$5000 via email to the c1 executive office. I have very high ficos. I asked for a PC and interest rate reduction but they said not until the full changeover.
Message 2 of 9
nickf4rr
Established Member

Did you e-mail Modcut?

Please do not post an individual's contact information in a public forum.

Thanks,

webhopper

Message 3 of 9
nickf4rr
Established Member

Also, what's the deal with keeping the EO e-mail addresses secret?  I tried searching for it in the forum, and all I saw was a bunch of people asking for DMs...

Message 4 of 9
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@nickf4rr wrote:

Also, what's the deal with keeping the EO e-mail addresses secret?  I tried searching for it in the forum, and all I saw was a bunch of people asking for DMs...

Many of them are attributed to public figures, which is a violation of the myFico policy. Although we know it likely never reaches the eyes of the CEO, stranger things have happened!

Message 5 of 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@nickf4rr wrote:

Hi nickf4rr!

Welcome to MyFICO forums!

The MyFico Terms of Service prohibit:

Posting to FICO Forums

Users of FICO Forums agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit any content (including but not limited to text, links, communications, software, images, sounds, data, or other information) that includes any of the following inappropriate content:

• Any personal information belonging either to the poster or another person not considered a "public figure", including, but not limited to, full name, address, phone number, email address, social media accounts (Facebook, Linkedin, etc.);

That is why you will not see this individual's contact information posted on this forum.

For more information on what is allowed or not allowed, please read the MyFICO Forums Terms of Service.

These rules are designed to protect this individual's privacy.

Thanks!

If you have any questions, feel free to private message me, or any other moderator or MyFICO Community Leader.

We will be happy to help you out!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 9
nickf4rr
Established Member

(Well, now I see why they're all DMmed....)

I figured the CEO of Capital One fell under the public figure exception...oh well!  Thanks for the guidance.

Message 7 of 9
liltiffy

Can I have the contact info for Cap 1 EO?

Message 8 of 9
nickf4rr
Established Member

I will PM what I used to you, but YMMV.  CapOne seems pretty notorious around here for being unwilling to GW.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.