cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC change cap1 rewards Mastercard to Visa (denied)

tag
alboto
Regular Contributor

PC change cap1 rewards Mastercard to Visa (denied)

I tried to PC from the Rewards card with the annual fee of $39 that I had for a month and a half to the one without the annual fee and this is what I got from the chat

Jon: Thank you for verifying that information. Bear with me for just a moment while I review the account.

you: no, thank you

Jon: You're welcome.

Jon: Thank you for your patience!

Jon: After reviewing your account I do see that you have been charged membership of $39.00 on 07/30/2012 and your next membership fee will be on 07/31/2012 this fee is a annual membership fee on your account.

Jon: I realize that as a customer, you may not want to have this fees on your account. However, the membership fee will offset some of the costs of managing your account and offering you benefits like; zero fraud liability, 24 / 7 customer service, and other special products and services.

Jon: We also understand how important it is to save money and we value your relationship with us.

Jon: Wanting to have added flexibility on your account is understandable. I really wish we had an option to waive off this membership fees at this point. Unfortunately, Capital One no longer has a policy to waive off this fee.  

Jon: As an alternative, you have an option to review our website and choose to apply for a new Capital One credit card that may not have this fee.

Jon: Would you like me to provide you with the link to view the available credit cards on our site?

you: I really dont care if the fee is not waived, it has already been charged, but could I PC this Mastercard to the Visa without the annual fee, so I dont get charged next year

Jon: Currently there is no offer on your account to convert from master card to visa.

you: ok

Jon: My recommendation to you would be to continue to maintain the account in good standing and do believe that your account will be reviewed periodically and at that time when we offer for conversion to visa we will definitely let you know through your statement.

Jon: I understand the point you are making and I respect that.

Jon: I agree this must be very upsetting for you and I can understand the inconvenience caused to you.

Bummers Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: PC change cap1 rewards Mastercard to Visa (denied)

With Capital One, you MAY have the chance to PC if you call their executive number. Even then the chance is quite mood because most executive representative is no different than front line CSR.

Just close the card if you don't want AF.

Message 2 of 5
jsucool76
Super Contributor

What's the limit on your card? I highly doubt they would offer to PC you from an average card to one of their excellent cards, although with them anything is possible...just extremely unlikely Smiley Tongue 

I would just wait for one of the mail offers from them, I applied through a mail offer for the plat mc no AF, and they PCd me to rewards no AF, still the MC version. I also asked the other day if (on the off chance) my CL grows to 5k if I could get to change to visa sig and the CSR told me if I get a CLI I can definitely change to visa sig, just gotta ask. 

Message 3 of 5
alboto
Regular Contributor

the CL is 2000 and I only had it for a month a half. I guess I'll just try again close to the year mark whenever the AF is about to hit again, if they dont do it then I would just close it.

Message 4 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@alboto wrote:

the CL is 2000 and I only had it for a month a half. I guess I'll just try again close to the year mark whenever the AF is about to hit again, if they dont do it then I would just close it.

This more than likely is the problem, even tho Cap1 is very stingy with PC's/CLI's they do occasionally do it but i'd wait at least a year before requesting.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.