Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC change from Amex Green to Blue cash?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC change from Amex Green to Blue cash?

I have a Plat as well.

Somewhere on the internet I was reading that Blue points count as regular (instead of Express) MR points when there is a charge card on the same account.

So I could theoretically get the ;same' points with the Blue? (and of course the % cash back)

Or perhaps simply add the Blue.  I'm a bit attached to my Green, nostalgia I suppose lol

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: PC change from Amex Green to Blue cash?

I've always heard that you can't PC from a Charge card to a Revolving card, so I doubt you could change.  

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

I would recommend applying outright for the Blue Cash and just adding it to your current portfolio, you wont be able to PC your green to the Blue Cash, but you'll benefit from backdating the new account to the yr you joined Amex

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You cannot convert a charge card to a revolving card.  Charge cards can only be product changed to other charge cards and revolvers to other revolvers.  You could apply for either the Blue or one of the Blue Cash cards.  With the regular Blue you would earn full MR points as long as you have a Green or higher charge card open, if you close the charge, all your points would convert to MR express points.  If you get one of the Blue Cash cards, you'll earn cashback with that card instead of MR points, which will stay exclusive to your charge card.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.