Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC crapital one?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC crapital one?

How do I swing this? We've had the card since 5/11, always on time, paid mostly off every month (always have a small balance) and got one CLI in 11/11. Current limit is a dismal $500, but it's our second oldest card so I don't know if I wanna close it. FICO has gone up over 100pts since we opened this card last year, and should hopefully make another 30-40pt jump once I pay off the vacation expenses this week!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: PC crapital one?

@Anonymous wrote:
How do I swing this? We've had the card since 5/11, always on time, paid mostly off every month (always have a small balance) and got one CLI in 11/11. Current limit is a dismal $500, but it's our second oldest card so I don't know if I wanna close it. FICO has gone up over 100pts since we opened this card last year, and should hopefully make another 30-40pt jump once I pay off the vacation expenses this week!

You'll have to just call Peggy and ask.   However for most Cap1 rebuilder cards there usually aren't any options for CLI or PC. 

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 7
HenryJumbo
Regular Contributor

I tried the other day to upgrade my Cash Rewards for Newcomers to a new card (which is ironically named Cash Rewards) or to get a credit limit. Both were denied and I made the decision to close my account and now I have a free spot.

Starting Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 757 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Current Score: EX: 736 FAKO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ 730 FICO
Goal Score:     EX: 750 FICO | TU: 750 FICO | EQ: 750 FICO
In my wallet:  $16,000  $8,000
Message 3 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Its supposedly more difficult to get a pc if you have a low credit limit with cap1. They'll probably just tell you to apply for a new card. PCs are definitely possible, i got one,definitely call up and try, but I read if you have a low limit they pretty much hate you.

Good luck :-)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Bigfoot does indeed exist.  I got a PC from them this year from a Platinum to a Venture One call.  It took all of 3 minutes after I threatened to close the account.

However, I think the fact that I've been a cardholder since 1999 and that my limit is $5,500 probably helped.

Message 5 of 7
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Bigfoot does indeed exist.  I got a PC from them this year from a Platinum to a Venture One call.  It took all of 3 minutes after I threatened to close the account.

However, I think the fact that I've been a cardholder since 1999 and that my limit is $5,500 probably helped.

Did you have platinum/platinum classic, or platinum prestige? 

Message 6 of 7
Autumnslight
Frequent Contributor

Any idea if you can PC the accounts that were just purchased from HSBC? I have a GM Card with a $5k+ limit, and I have no use at all for GM rewards anymore. The card doesn't have any balance transfer offers, no useful rewards, nothing. I'd like to keep it open due to the age and limit, but it's not doing anything else for me.
Scores:
07/29/12: EX FICO (Amex) 684 | EQ MyFICO 631 | TU Walmart 695
Current: EX FICO (MyFICO) 733 | EQ (MyFICO) 683 | TU (Walmart) 745

First Goal: 700+ across the board - Got it on EX & TU!!!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.