Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC'd GECRB Walmart to discover

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC'd GECRB Walmart to discover

Opened my store Walmart account about a year ago, at a 500 CL. Increased 4 months later to $600, then 4 more months later to $1800. Just got a credit alert that a new account was opened, GECRB/Walmart DC, called and away advised I was being given the upgrade offer to the discover version. In anyone else's experience, does this come with a CLI as well? Should I take the offer? 

Ive been workodors or  over a year now to establish myself with some prime lenders. Opened Amex ZYNC last November, with this discover upgrade could I finally be entering prime territory?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

Re: PC'd GECRB Walmart to discover

@Anonymous wrote:

Opened my store Walmart account about a year ago, at a 500 CL. Increased 4 months later to $600, then 4 more months later to $1800. Just got a credit alert that a new account was opened, GECRB/Walmart DC, called and away advised I was being given the upgrade offer to the discover version. In anyone else's experience, does this come with a CLI as well? Should I take the offer? 

Ive been workodors or  over a year now to establish myself with some prime lenders. Opened Amex ZYNC last November, with this discover upgrade could I finally be entering prime territory?

did you really have to make two identical posts with different titles? 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was accidental. The first one didn't seem to go through when I did it on my iPad. Sorry!

Message 3 of 8
Mellon
Established Contributor

if you got an alert that a new account was opened, isn't the offer already accepted? Either way an upgrade sounds good to me

Message 4 of 8
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 8
guydiver
Established Contributor

I thought you had to "accept" the upgrade.  Did it just show up on your CR as a hard pull without your knowledge?

Message 6 of 8
jsucool76
Super Contributor

The upgrade afaik won't trigger a HP, however your walmart account will be closed and a new one will open.

From what I've read you don't need to accept the offer, they mail you the card and you can decline the offer, otherwise it just kind of happens. I may be wrong though.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I called, they told me that if I turn it down then they will just remove the new account listing. There was no hard pull but it may lower my score because of aaoa. Strangely the rep couldn't tell me if I was getting a CLI with the upgrade offer. 

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.