New Contributor
mstew

PC'd GECRB Walmart to discover

Opened my store Walmart account about a year ago, at a 500 CL. Increased 4 months later to $600, then 4 more months later to $1800. Just got a credit alert that a new account was opened, GECRB/Walmart DC, called and away advised I was being given the upgrade offer to the discover version. In anyone else's experience, does this come with a CLI as well? Should I take the offer? 

Ive been workodors or  over a year now to establish myself with some prime lenders. Opened Amex ZYNC last November, with this discover upgrade could I finally be entering prime territory?

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)
Established Contributor
distantarray

Re: PC'd GECRB Walmart to discover

mstew wrote:

Opened my store Walmart account about a year ago, at a 500 CL. Increased 4 months later to $600, then 4 more months later to $1800. Just got a credit alert that a new account was opened, GECRB/Walmart DC, called and away advised I was being given the upgrade offer to the discover version. In anyone else's experience, does this come with a CLI as well? Should I take the offer? 

Ive been workodors or  over a year now to establish myself with some prime lenders. Opened Amex ZYNC last November, with this discover upgrade could I finally be entering prime territory?

did you really have to make two identical posts with different titles? 

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
New Contributor
mstew

It was accidental. The first one didn't seem to go through when I did it on my iPad. Sorry!

Wallet: American Express ZYNC, Barclaycard Financing Visa, Capital One No Hassle Cash MC

Sock Drawer: Capital One Platinum, Best Buy Reward Zone MC, GEMB Wal-Mart (Store only), WFN JCrew (Store), First Premier (Only until June when the AF hits again)
Frequent Contributor
Mellon

if you got an alert that a new account was opened, isn't the offer already accepted? Either way an upgrade sounds good to me

| NFCU Cashrewards $14,000 | NFCU Platinum $12,000 | NFCU Navchk $10,000 | Amex BCE $3,000 | Amex HHonors $1,700 | Chase Freedom $3,300 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5,000 | BOA 3-2-1 $5,000 | Barclays Apple $4,450 | CapOne Quicksilver $1,000 | OCCU Beaver $5,000 | CITI Diamond Preferred $2,500| Citi TYP $5,000 | GTE FCU $3,000 | | Discover IT $3,500 | Walmart Discover $8,000 | NCSECU $750 | NASA FCU $2,000| Chase Slate $4,000 | Barclays Reward MC $1,500| Best Buy $3,000 | Wells Fargo $3,000 | Chase Amazon $3,000
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Congrats

Established Contributor
guydiver

I thought you had to "accept" the upgrade.  Did it just show up on your CR as a hard pull without your knowledge?

MyFICO Forums ROCK!! & . Been There, Done That. Never Going Back! Goal>>>> 800,800,800!

Starting Score: 1/05 upper 500's??Current Score: FICO: EQ 783, TU(98) 790, EX 814(Vantage) 779(CS) Goal Score: .....800 IS ON MY BUCKET LIST! EX ,BITE ME! .:smileyvery-happy:
In My Wallet: CU Visa 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Lowe's 10K, Cabela's Siggy Visa 11.5K, Travelocity AMEX 18K :
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Valued Contributor
jsucool76

The upgrade afaik won't trigger a HP, however your walmart account will be closed and a new one will open.

From what I've read you don't need to accept the offer, they mail you the card and you can decline the offer, otherwise it just kind of happens. I may be wrong though.
Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 1500CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
New Contributor
mstew

When I called, they told me that if I turn it down then they will just remove the new account listing. There was no hard pull but it may lower my score because of aaoa. Strangely the rep couldn't tell me if I was getting a CLI with the upgrade offer. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+