cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC from BofA cash rewards to BBR rewards -Prime APR lost?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

PC from BofA cash rewards to BBR rewards -Prime APR lost?

I am no longer using my BofA Cash rewards Visa Signature card and would love to PC to the Better Balance rewards card. Does anybody know if the BBR also can be kept as Visa Siggy or only as standard MC? When you PCd did you get a new APR?  PC to the BBR card would defeat my purpose as BT card if I would loose the 9,99% APR Smiley Sad  and of course ideal would be to keep the Siggy benefits on the card... sent BofA an SM last week and did not hear back yet so it might be that my "condition" to keep my APR and the card as Siggy gives them a headache... anybody has successfully PCd to the BBR without loosing prime APR ?

2nd alternative is to PC to Merrill+ (also not sure if that can be done as Fidelity Amex is no option - this was my first attempt to make it a useful card again)

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: PC from BofA cash rewards to BBR rewards -Prime APR lost?

Your APR remains the same when doing a product change with Bank of America.

Message 2 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

Your APR remains the same when doing a product change with Bank of America.

Thanks. This is good news and I hope it will also apply if you have to change network  VI - MC.  I will see if there is any chance to keep the Visa Signature  as BBR.

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pc-ed from the cash rewards to bbr. Lady told me i can keep my visa or get an mc. However mine was not a siggy so dunno about that aspect. It sounds like boa doesn't care

Message 4 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I pc-ed from the cash rewards to bbr. Lady told me i can keep my visa or get an mc. However mine was not a siggy so dunno about that aspect. It sounds like boa doesn't care

Great. This would even be better if I could keep the Siggy but as BBR Smiley Happy ..if this is possible I will not hesitate to PC.  Maybe I should call rather than wait for the anser to the SM ..lol

Message 5 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Just checked my SM again and found this info from BofA....so on the way to BBR with my Cash Rewards card Smiley Happy

Allow us to inform you that if you process a product change for a Better Balance Rewards account, the new account will remain as a Signature Visa, also, please note that all terms and conditions will remains the same, including the APR. 
Message 6 of 16
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

For me it went from Visa siggy to platinum version even though they said everything will remain same.once your pc request is approved, you will get to know in like 7-10 days, new account number will showup online. Good luck!

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 7 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@CreditPlay wrote:

For me it went from Visa siggy to platinum version even though they said everything will remain same.once your pc request is approved, you will get to know in like 7-10 days, new account number will showup online. Good luck!

ups...that is not so good news as I would like to keep the Siggy benefits. What was your CL and do you have the platinum plus or the siggy now? Did you try to get the siggy back?

Message 8 of 16
CreditPlay
Frequent Contributor

@lg8302ch wrote:

@CreditPlay wrote:

ups...that is not so good news as I would like to keep the Siggy benefits. What was your CL and do you have the platinum plus or the siggy now? Did you try to get the siggy back?

Well initially i wanted the MC version since i dont have any. They came back and said that will need addional weeks to process and dint want to lose the quarter so i said keep it visa siggy, then when i saw the account num online  after some days, i found that it was not siggy series. After a week when i recieved the card called them up they said ok another 4 weeks to convert, i said forget it. Credit limit was 12k$ btw. So for you i would suggest calling them up and confirm if they are indeed keeping your card as siggy..

but curious why does it matter, anyways you wont be using it for any big purchases, right?

FICO08 12/2014EQ 777TU 799EX 767

Message 9 of 16
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@CreditPlay wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@CreditPlay wrote:

Well initially i wanted the MC version since i dont have any. They came back and said that will need addional weeks to process and dint want to lose the quarter so i said keep it visa siggy, then when i saw the account num online  after some days, i found that it was not siggy series. After a week when i recieved the card called them up they said ok another 4 weeks to convert, i said forget it. Credit limit was 12k$ btw. So for you i would suggest calling them up and confirm if they are indeed keeping your card as siggy..

but curious why does it matter, anyways you wont be using it for any big purchases, right?

Not intended  but you never know and therefore I would like to keep it as siggy anyway. Just in case I ever want to do a big purchase on it.  Card is mainly intended for BTs but I might not get the same offers on this card anymore ..lol

I will let it ride through and see what the outcome will be ..thanks for the warning so I will not be too surprised if it is not a siggy Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.