Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC from Cap1 Platinum to Quicksilver?

tag
joestay
Frequent Contributor

PC from Cap1 Platinum to Quicksilver?

I have a cap1 reward card and the term of the reward has changed a couple of month ago.  It use to be earn 1 points per dollar spent with 5 points/dollar for gas and drugstore purchase.  Now it's 1 point/dollar only with no special category.  If I PC from this card to the quicksilver card with 1.5% cash back, what would happen to all my points i have?  Also, is it a soft pull?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
RockySC
Established Member

Re: PC from Cap1 Platinum to Quicksilver?

Do you mind if I add to your thread? If so I'll delete my message.

I currently have the Capital One Platinum MasterCard but I'm intersted in the Quicksilver card for the 1.5% cashback. I just discovered that on my Platinum account I have the offer on there to simply convert that card to the Quicksilver. However, I would not be able to get the $100 sign up bonus in doing so instead of applying from scratch.

Which would be the best way to go? Have my current Platinum card converted or apply for a completely new card? Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Message 2 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@joestay wrote:

I have a cap1 reward card and the term of the reward has changed a couple of month ago.  It use to be earn 1 points per dollar spent with 5 points/dollar for gas and drugstore purchase.  Now it's 1 point/dollar only with no special category.  If I PC from this card to the quicksilver card with 1.5% cash back, what would happen to all my points i have?  Also, is it a soft pull?

The points do not get lost they transfer with the upgrade. There is no pull for an upgrade you just need to be eligible for it.

Message 3 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@joestay wrote:

You would still keep your points and a change to quicksilver won't require any pulls SP or HP

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 10
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@RockySC wrote:

I currently have the Capital One Platinum MasterCard but I'm intersted in the Quicksilver card for the 1.5% cashback. I just discovered that on my Platinum account I have the offer on there to simply convert that card to the Quicksilver. However, I would not be able to get the $100 sign up bonus in doing so instead of applying from scratch.

Which would be the best way to go? Have my current Platinum card converted or apply for a completely new card? Anyone have any thoughts on this one?

Do not upgrade the card, get the $100 then use it sparingly for the next 6 months then ask for the upgrade.

Message 5 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@RockySC wrote:

Do the PC and forget about the $100 for another CAP1 card unless it's worth 3 HP's to you 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 6 of 10
Stiga9
Regular Contributor

I PC'd the Cap1 Platinum to QuickSilver for my dad. We did it via online chat. There was NO HP, and his cashback savings were intact.

Message 7 of 10
RockySC
Established Member

@myjourney wrote:

@RockySC wrote:

Do the PC and forget about the $100 for another CAP1 card unless it's worth 3 HP's to you 

Very good point, I'll go for the upgrade then. Thanks to you, and all else. Sorry for the threadjacking though!

Message 8 of 10
joestay
Frequent Contributor

@RockySC wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@RockySC wrote:

Very good point, I'll go for the upgrade then. Thanks to you, and all else. Sorry for the threadjacking though!

It's all good.  Thanks to all who replied.

Okay.  I made a mistake.  I'm actually getting 2 miles per dollar now instead of the 1 point/dollar that I mentioned earlier but without the 5points/dollar on speical category.  If I do wait to get 20,000 miles, I can exchange that in for a $200 gift card, which comes out to 2% back, but this only applies at the 20,000 miles mark.  Otherwese, it's 17,500 miles for $100 gift card.  Is it worth it to PC to quicksilver for the 1.5% cashback?  Or is there a better card than this?

Message 9 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@joestay wrote:

@RockySC wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@RockySC wrote:

It's all good.  Thanks to all who replied.

Okay.  I made a mistake.  I'm actually getting 2 miles per dollar now instead of the 1 point/dollar that I mentioned earlier but without the 5points/dollar on speical category.  If I do wait to get 20,000 miles, I can exchange that in for a $200 gift card, which comes out to 2% back, but this only applies at the 20,000 miles mark.  Otherwese, it's 17,500 miles for $100 gift card.  Is it worth it to PC to quicksilver for the 1.5% cashback?  Or is there a better card than this?

The venture gives 2% but I would ask thur the EO for the rewards structure to be added to you card 

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.