Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC from Chase Slate to Freedom Without Asking

tag
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

PC from Chase Slate to Freedom Without Asking

I have had a Chase card for years. At some point it became a Slate. When I logged in today, the site says that my card has been changed to Chase Freedom and I will be getting my new cards soon.

I didn't request this. Has this been happening to others? I have a BT on the Slate, so I'm hoping it goes to the Freedom without incident.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PC from Chase Slate to Freedom Without Asking

@Jazzzy wrote:

I have had a Chase card for years. At some point it became a Slate. When I logged in today, the site says that my card has been changed to Chase Freedom and I will be getting my new cards soon.

I didn't request this. Has this been happening to others? I have a BT on the Slate, so I'm hoping it goes to the Freedom without incident.

Ugh, Jazzzy: call them.

This sort of thing can happen when a bank changes their products, and unfortunately not all Slates or Freedoms are the same: ones that were acquired from the WAMU acquisition are different than mine for example.  Doubt it was all Slates unless it's a problem with various fingers not talking to other fingers on the same hand at Chase.

Otherwise might be an unfortunate screw up: either way I'd want to know what was happening directly from the source.

        
Message 2 of 3
C24Webb
Regular Contributor

Re: PC from Chase Slate to Freedom Without Asking

I agree... Give them a call and get an explanation.  It's certainly not unreasonable for you to wonder why the change occurred.  Let us know what Chase has to say! 

Card/Limit/Opened — Discover it: $27,600 2/14 | Chase Sapphire Preferred: $10,500 7/14 | Banana Republic Visa: $10,000 7/14 | USAA Cash Rewards Visa Signature: $9,000 6/11 | Chase Freedom: $2,000 3/12
History — AAoA: 42 months | Oldest account: 119 months (including AU) | Inquiries: 1 EX 0 EQ 0 TU | Score: 765 (Discover TU) 750 (USAA CreditCheck Monitoring EX FAKO)
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.