Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC from Platinum to World MC

tag
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

PC from Platinum to World MC

Anyone ever have any luck getting a platinum card PC'd to a World MC?

In particular I'm asking about the Sallie Mae card, but also as a more general question if anyone has had any luck doing this without putting in a new application.

I tried calling the Credit Analyst number at Barclays and they weren't able to tell me about PC's. They recommended I call the customer care line. Called barclays customer care and obviously got a outsourced CSR who just was reading scripts and more than willing to push buttons in the automated system but couldn't do anything that required more than 3 brain cells.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
bs6054
Valued Contributor

Re: PC from Platinum to World MC

@NJTurnpike wrote:

Anyone ever have any luck getting a platinum card PC'd to a World MC?

In particular I'm asking about the Sallie Mae card, but also as a more general question if anyone has had any luck doing this without putting in a new application.

I tried calling the Credit Analyst number at Barclays and they weren't able to tell me about PC's. They recommended I call the customer care line. Called barclays customer care and obviously got a outsourced CSR who just was reading scripts and more than willing to push buttons in the automated system but couldn't do anything that required more than 3 brain cells.

They (Barclays) wouldn't do this on my Rewards Platinum.   But it's hard to know if there are general rules or specific ones per card.

Message 2 of 3
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: PC from Platinum to World MC

I'm going to call back again this afternoon and ask again for a reconsideration of my initial credit limit. Worst they can do is say no.

I can live without the card saying World on it (though that would have been nice), but not happy with the initial CL.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.