Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 217
Registered: ‎08-02-2013
0

PC from a Student IT to a Regular IT

Would it be possible to PC to a Regular IT while still being a student?

 

Seeing that student cards are often stifled in growth, I would like to PC to the regular IT as quickly as I can to allow it to grow quickly.

Contributor
Posts: 103
Registered: ‎07-21-2012
0

Re: PC from a Student IT to a Regular IT

I believe it automatically upgrades after 2 years
Credit Karma (TU) : 745 Discover FICO (TU): 770 Credit Sesame (EX): 735 myFICO (EQ) - 713
Amex Simplycash Business - $7000 Travelocity AMEX - $1400 Amex TrueEarnings - $7500 Chase Sapphire - $6000 Citi Forward Student - $5000 Discover IT Student - $1900
Valued Member
Posts: 34
Registered: ‎10-11-2013
0

Re: PC from a Student IT to a Regular IT

They might be willing to do a PC, but I'm not sure if it's necessary in order to "grow." Discover gave me 2-3 auto CLIs and more than doubled my credit limit in the first year when I had a student card.

Amex BCE 18k I Amex SPG 6k I CSP 8k I Chase Marriott 7k I Discover It 3.5k I Chase Freedom 2.1k

EX: 735 | EQ: 767 | TU: 770

Credit cards are great when you don't need them.
Established Contributor
Posts: 994
Registered: ‎07-16-2010
0

Re: PC from a Student IT to a Regular IT

Granted, I briefly looked a while ago...but i cant really see any difference between the two types of Discover IT cards...?

 

Anyone point out the differences? Is the Student card just easier to get with less credit history?

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Regular Contributor
Posts: 260
Registered: ‎11-28-2013
0

Re: PC from a Student IT to a Regular IT

I called them up once. There are no differences except the amount of credit they are willing to give you.
Regular Contributor
Posts: 161
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: PC from a Student IT to a Regular IT


megaman1 wrote:
I called them up once. There are no differences except the amount of credit they are willing to give you.

And what was the answer t o the question of how much credit they're willing to give you? I have the student version and was instantly approved for 4K. It's a new account, so I haven't had any CLIs yet. Is there a hard cap on the max CL? If so, what is it?

EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Moderator
Posts: 27,207
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: PC from a Student IT to a Regular IT


k-s wrote:

megaman1 wrote:
I called them up once. There are no differences except the amount of credit they are willing to give you.

And what was the answer t o the question of how much credit they're willing to give you? I have the student version and was instantly approved for 4K. It's a new account, so I haven't had any CLIs yet. Is there a hard cap on the max CL? If so, what is it?


Most student cc's have cl caps

Regular Contributor
Posts: 240
Registered: ‎03-07-2013
0

Re: PC from a Student IT to a Regular IT


blackhawk2 wrote:

They might be willing to do a PC, but I'm not sure if it's necessary in order to "grow." Discover gave me 2-3 auto CLIs and more than doubled my credit limit in the first year when I had a student card.


Did you have to call to PC to the regular IT card or was it auto?

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~
  
Regular Contributor
Posts: 161
Registered: ‎10-07-2013
0

Re: PC from a Student IT to a Regular IT


09Lexie wrote:

k-s wrote:

megaman1 wrote:
I called them up once. There are no differences except the amount of credit they are willing to give you.

And what was the answer t o the question of how much credit they're willing to give you? I have the student version and was instantly approved for 4K. It's a new account, so I haven't had any CLIs yet. Is there a hard cap on the max CL? If so, what is it?


Most student cc's have cl caps


I figured that, but do you happen to know what the cap is on the Discover It student? I'm not expecting it to grow to my highest CL (that's what AMEX and my CU is for Smiley Wink, but it would be interesting to know what to expect from this card.

EQ MyFICO: 719 - Discover It TU FICO: 749 - EX 728
Amex PRG: NPSL | Amex Blue Sky: 2k | Amex BCE: 10k | Amex TrueEarnings: 5k | Amex Delta Gold: 2k | Discover It: 4k | SFCU: 13k | Quicksilver: 4k | Venture: 10k | Freedom: 2k | CSP: 7.5k | Amazon Visa: 5k | Citi TYPremier: 6.3k | Best Buy: 4.5k | Macy's Amex: 6k | Nordstrom: 4k | Old Navy Visa: 4k | Target: $1.2k | Angel: 1k
Established Contributor
Posts: 994
Registered: ‎07-16-2010
0

Re: PC from a Student IT to a Regular IT


k-s wrote:

09Lexie wrote:

k-s wrote:

megaman1 wrote:
I called them up once. There are no differences except the amount of credit they are willing to give you.

And what was the answer t o the question of how much credit they're willing to give you? I have the student version and was instantly approved for 4K. It's a new account, so I haven't had any CLIs yet. Is there a hard cap on the max CL? If so, what is it?


Most student cc's have cl caps


I figured that, but do you happen to know what the cap is on the Discover It student? I'm not expecting it to grow to my highest CL (that's what AMEX and my CU is for Smiley Wink, but it would be interesting to know what to expect from this card.


My little sister just got one...so im sure she will get some CLI's from the initial $1000 limit...but is she gonna be able to PC it to a "big kid" card?

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.