cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC from store cards to bank backed cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC from store cards to bank backed cards?

What typically happens with SYnchrony bank?  I have a Gap and WalMart card, and I am curious how the PC process works with this bank.

I have seen people say that it just POPS up on the site? I have read that there are mailers sometimes. Anyone know if this could be something through chat?

Thanks

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC from store cards to bank backed cards?

With Synchrony they either have to send you an invite to upgrade, or you have to apply for the card again and hope you get the Visa/Mastercard version. However, I do recall someone trying to re-app and ended up getting another store card instead. As far as I know, you cannot ask them for the upgrade.

Message 2 of 4
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I'm trying to remember what happened with my Walmart MC. I believe they send me an email or something stating they were upgrading me, sending the card out, and they increased my limit.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

With upgrades from what I know syncB can be random as to when or how long they will send you an upgrade letter. sometimes a year or even more or even less. When they do they'll send you a letter stating about the upgrade if you want to accept it or not, you will also see this at times when just logging into your account. Keep in mind if you do choose to upgrade the AOA of that card disappears and a new account is issued/started. They will tell you that you can apply again but YMMV on that you could end up with a duplicate and not a Visa or MC version. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.