Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC in progress and can't use current card

tag
ycm
Established Member

PC in progress and can't use current card

Was told I could continue to use my citi Amex until i activate my Hilton Reserve visa. Payed the balance to 0 yesterday.

Log in this morning and see the account is closed at 0 balance. Not having received the new card yet I called to ask what's going on. Rep said conversion request is being processed but yes this account is closed.

Slightly confused. I guess I could kind of see this happening going from Amex to visa. Starting to remember why I stopped using my citi card as much - their customer service is a let down more often than not.

Thought I would share.
Amex Delta Gold | Amex BCE | BofA Travel Visa Sig | Discover IT | Fidelity Visa | REI Visa Sig
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Re: PC in progress and can't use current card

Sorry for a litte off, but when I just read the header in the list of topics my first thought was "It musta be Citi..."

And bingo Smiley LOL

I'm getting more and more confident that as soon as I pay off the balance on by Dividend card, I'm gonna axe all my ties to this financial institution...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 2 of 3
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: PC in progress and can't use current card

When I PC my Aadvantage Amex card to the Hilton Reserve I went through a similiar situation, I could not make a payment to my account as it showed closed, but a few days later the new card came in the mail and I activated it, no problems.

I must be one of the few here that likes Citi.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.