cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC'ing to Citi Double Cash strategy?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC'ing to Citi Double Cash strategy?

What I was told, I called last month, is that a PC from DP to DC is possible anytime after your 0% intro is over. So its not a year but however long your intro APR lasts. Call in, no hoops. Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
Theres no guarantee a DP would give you a significantly better limit so the strategy is basically a gamble.

If you really want a high limit DC, garden, grow your profile, app, and take a 2nd HP if needed to get a useful limit. Unless you are constantly apping one extra HP is no big deal. And you also wont have to be stuck with a fairly useless card for a year in the meantime. This strategy isnt worth the time or effort or chance. Just app for what you want.

^^^ This 100% ^^^

Yes.    And people should also evaluate if they really need large limits on the DC (apart from the constant desire here for large CLs).   With a good set of cards, "other" spend can be fairly small

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
Theres no guarantee a DP would give you a significantly better limit so the strategy is basically a gamble.

If you really want a high limit DC, garden, grow your profile, app, and take a 2nd HP if needed to get a useful limit. Unless you are constantly apping one extra HP is no big deal. And you also wont have to be stuck with a fairly useless card for a year in the meantime. This strategy isnt worth the time or effort or chance. Just app for what you want.

^^^ This 100% ^^^

Yes.    And people should also evaluate if they really need large limits on the DC (apart from the constant desire here for large CLs).   With a good set of cards, "other" spend can be fairly small

That's surprisingly true. My DC is indispensable, no doubt, but I do find that about 85% of my spending falls in some category that gives me a higher cashback return on another one of my cards.

Message 13 of 20
Open123
Super Contributor

Well, if Citi allowed PCs, then one would simply app for the 50K TY Preferred Premier with 1st year fee waived, then just change to the DC.  Voila, create a $500K signing bonus for the DC.

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Open123 wrote:

Well, if Citi allowed PCs, then one would simply app for the 50K TY Preferred Premier with 1st year fee waived, then just change to the DC.  Voila, create a $500K signing bonus for the DC.

You sir, are a genius. One of the smartest comment, I saw on myfico in a while.

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eh I just took the double pull on the app (eq/ex) and got approved for 5k or 6k I don't remember then took another HP to increase to 15.  Going to try for a SP increase next month I think.

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

You sir, are a genius. One of the smartest comment, I saw on myfico in a while.

lol i said the same thing previously
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

TY Premier is a pretty good card though Smiley Sad
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jfriend, sorry I missed your post. You are the og genius. I gave u two kudo.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

KDM has a valid point. Even if you start with a low SL, Citibank can be very generous with CLIs.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.