cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC my Amex Gold Delta to a Blue Cash? Or attempt this when my scores go up?

tag
mjb59463
Regular Contributor

PC my Amex Gold Delta to a Blue Cash? Or attempt this when my scores go up?

Hey everyone,

I currently have the Amex Gold Delta with a 2200 dollar limit, that I've had since November 2012. I tried the 3x CLI last year and was denied, and ever since then, I've used the card sparingly and responsibly. Now that I have the CSP, Freedom and my US Bank Travel Rewards Card, I feel as though I have the best travel/points cards for my needs, and I'd really like to PC my Amex Gold Delta into a cash back card. 

However, my scores have dropped, not increased from the time I first applied. I have one 30 and one 60 day late from approximately 6 months ago, which has taken myy scores down from the 690s to the 650's. I've been current on everything since, balances are low, but so are the scores. 

Will Amex pull my credit again with a PC? If so, it's hard to see them approving a change with my current scores.

Should I keep it in the sock drawer and wait a year or two for my scores to go back up? Or give it a shot now?

All help is appreciated.

Thanks

Scores: 790 TU (Barclay), 780 EX (Fico8), 790 EQ

Chase Freedom Unlimited (6k), CSP (20k), Amex Delta Platinum (13.5k), Amex Marriott Bonvoy (16k), Barclay Apple (12.5k), USBank Flexperks Travel Rewards (12k), Wells Fargo Visa Signature (10k), Citi Double Cash (8k), Amex Gold, Amex Platinum, Amex BBP (15k) Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (15k)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: PC my Amex Gold Delta to a Blue Cash? Or attempt this when my scores go up?

No they don't pull for PC, they just pull up a screen for which cards are available to pc to based on the current product you have... Blue I think is pretty much always available so I would give them a call and tell them the AF just isnt' worth it for you and see what they can transfer it to.

Message 2 of 3
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: PC my Amex Gold Delta to a Blue Cash? Or attempt this when my scores go up?

Which Blue Cash?  The "old" Blue Cash appears to be rarely offered as a PC option, although it is for some.    Not sure about BCE/BCP

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.