Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC my BoA power rewards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC my BoA power rewards?

Hey, long time lurker but decided to make an account because this forum is awesome.

I have a BoA Power Rewards Visa, it was my first credit card. Got it right after i turned 18 and i started and still currently have a $700 CL on it. Needless to say, its pretty horrible compared to my other cards now. Currently have a little over 2 years of credit.

In March of this year i applied for AMEX Zync(Instant approval) and Chase Freedom (Instant approval with 2k CL).

Last week i applied for AMEX BCE, didnt get instant approval but got approved 3 days after completeing app. Very excited to start using this card.

Now my question, i understand that my BoA is my first and oldest card. I've been eyeing the BoA Cash Rewards Visa. Instead of doing a completely new app, could i possibly PC it from my power rewards? Will it ruin my credit history/score?

Thanks guys.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Odiseous
Frequent Contributor

Re: PC my BoA power rewards?

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey, long time lurker but decided to make an account because this forum is awesome.

I have a BoA Power Rewards Visa, it was my first credit card. Got it right after i turned 18 and i started and still currently have a $700 CL on it. Needless to say, its pretty horrible compared to my other cards now. Currently have a little over 2 years of credit.

In March of this year i applied for AMEX Zync(Instant approval) and Chase Freedom (Instant approval with 2k CL).

Last week i applied for AMEX BCE, didnt get instant approval but got approved 3 days after completeing app. Very excited to start using this card.

Now my question, i understand that my BoA is my first and oldest card. I've been eyeing the BoA Cash Rewards Visa. Instead of doing a completely new app, could i possibly PC it from my power rewards? Will it ruin my credit history/score?

Thanks guys.

From what I understand, a PC will retain your history; but is a different account #. Not sure if it shows up as a new account on the CR; as I opted not to do it yet. 

One thing to note: Both times I talked to BofA about a PC from my Cash Rewards (bonus categories were only for 6 months) to the 1-2-3 Cash Rewards; they were always clear that any accumulated rewards would be lost, during the PC. So, it's recommended to cash out everything you can; before doing the PC. 

TU98 751, EQ 766, EX 766 (Lender)

If at first you don't succeed; Garden for 6 months, then try again.

Work the system. Don't let the system work you.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.