PC my CSP to Chase AARP?

tag
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: PC my CSP to Chase AARP?

@lolabelle wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:
Yeah, +1.the no AF sapphire cannot transfer points to partner

Do you know whether you can still transfer points between Freedom and no AF Sapphire to combine for cash back purposes?

This is how I see it:

You can transfer points from the Freedom to the no AF Sapphire, ostensibly because you want to dump them all into the same account.

You cannot transfer the points from the no AF Sapphire to the travel partners etc as you can with the CSP

That seems to be the difference vs CSP

Message 21 of 24
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Justrebuilding wrote:
My CSP is coming up for renewal soon and I don't think I will keep it. Now that I have the Arrival, I don't think I need two travel cards with annual fees. Well they let me PC to an AARP card? The regular Sapphire doesn't really appeal to me, but I don't want to close the line all together.

Op, i saw you have the freedom. Keeping the Sapphire allow you to transfer points, which can worth more than 1 cent per point! I never redeem my UR points for less than 5cent per point

5 cents per point?? I've heard of 2-3 cents per point, but 5? How?

how to even make 2-3 cents/point, except business class redemption?

Message 22 of 24
bigblue7722
Valued Contributor

@pastnow123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Justrebuilding wrote:
My CSP is coming up for renewal soon and I don't think I will keep it. Now that I have the Arrival, I don't think I need two travel cards with annual fees. Well they let me PC to an AARP card? The regular Sapphire doesn't really appeal to me, but I don't want to close the line all together.

Op, i saw you have the freedom. Keeping the Sapphire allow you to transfer points, which can worth more than 1 cent per point! I never redeem my UR points for less than 5cent per point

For me when i stay at marriotts it all depends. I can change ur points into marriott points 1-1 ratio i havent done it yet. But, depedning on the night i stay say like a busy weekend  where rates are higher the points to redeem is the same. so like 25k points for a room at 500 bucks. Best part is I have never had to pay tax which can add up and saves me even more money

AMEX PRG NPSL,Lowes $17000,Capital One venture card $12,000,Us Airways mastercard $9500,Fidelity Amex $9000, Discover it $8000, Capital One Venture One $7500, BOA 123 rewards $7500 CSP $6000, Capital One Quicksliver $5500, Amazon Store card$5000,Barclay
Card Ring $5000 Chase Marriott $5000,Chase Hyatt $5000, Sallie Mae Mastercard $4400, Paypal smart connect $4000,Chase Freedom $3200, Capital one Quicksliver visa $3000, Chase IHG Rewards $2300, Chase Southwest Premier $2000, Citi Double Cash $1500, AMEX BCE $1000

Last app July 22nd 2015- No apps for two years.
Message 23 of 24
pastnow123
Regular Contributor

@bigblue7722 wrote:

@pastnow123 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bigbang91 wrote:

@Justrebuilding wrote:

For me when i stay at marriotts it all depends. I can change ur points into marriott points 1-1 ratio i havent done it yet. But, depedning on the night i stay say like a busy weekend  where rates are higher the points to redeem is the same. so like 25k points for a room at 500 bucks. Best part is I have never had to pay tax which can add up and saves me even more money

I see. Thansk for clarifiying! Basically points have to be used toward high end stuff, such as business class or expensive booking, would worth itSmiley Happy 

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.