Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC on Cap1

tag
manew57
Valued Member

PC on Cap1

First time posting on here, been reading alot of interesting posts on various cards and what to look for.  I just wanted to give a big thanks to all the knowledgeable people that post on here,  sharing the knowledge is something today's society is dearly lacking.   I have had a Cap1 Platinum MC for about 4 years and never used it much,  never paid attention to PIF every month, did pay more that minumum but not that much.  Never received a auto CLI from them,  and didnt even know about asking for a CLI on the website till reading it on here.  I did that and it worked, now not to the tune that most are getting but for me it was progress.  Then I started reading about PC to a QS1 and tried that on the website and all it told me was no upgrades available for my account.  Did some more reading and heard about the chat feature and tried that this morning and bam,  immediate upgrade to the QS1.  Again,  keep up the good work.  Knowledge is power,  think I have heard that somewhere before!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: PC on Cap1

Welcome and glad to hear you benefitted from this site! Smiley Happy

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is amazing the information you can get from this site. Congrats on the change and enjoy uour cash back!

Message 3 of 7
tbque
Valued Contributor

Awesome, Congrats!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manew57 wrote:

First time posting on here, been reading alot of interesting posts on various cards and what to look for.  I just wanted to give a big thanks to all the knowledgeable people that post on here,  sharing the knowledge is something today's society is dearly lacking.   I have had a Cap1 Platinum MC for about 4 years and never used it much,  never paid attention to PIF every month, did pay more that minumum but not that much.  Never received a auto CLI from them,  and didnt even know about asking for a CLI on the website till reading it on here.  I did that and it worked, now not to the tune that most are getting but for me it was progress.  Then I started reading about PC to a QS1 and tried that on the website and all it told me was no upgrades available for my account.  Did some more reading and heard about the chat feature and tried that this morning and bam,  immediate upgrade to the QS1.  Again,  keep up the good work.  Knowledge is power,  think I have heard that somewhere before!

QS1? Why not the QS? You have the annual fee. 

Message 5 of 7
manew57
Valued Member

Again, not being that savvy,  I cant really tell you which one I got for sure.  The Platinum MC I now have is 0 AF and they told me my new qs1 will be 0 AF as well.  I went to their website and noticed the only difference between the two is the AF.  So I will just have to wait till the website updates with the new card logo or I get it in the mail to determine which one I got.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@manew57 wrote:

Again, not being that savvy,  I cant really tell you which one I got for sure.  The Platinum MC I now have is 0 AF and they told me my new qs1 will be 0 AF as well.  I went to their website and noticed the only difference between the two is the AF.  So I will just have to wait till the website updates with the new card logo or I get it in the mail to determine which one I got.

Hmm..maybe they will waive the fees for you?

Because the QS1 comes with AF as you saw on the website. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.