Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC or close my Delta card?

tag
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

PC or close my Delta card?

I got my first Skymiles Gold card last year and in a few months it will be 1 year and the annual fee will be coming up. I've only flown two round trips on Delta and after getting the PRG I've been using that instead and it has much better use for me. I doubt I'll get any kind of fee waiver or retention because of very little use. What are my options? Ask anyway keep if waived, close it, PC to....?

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bigpoppa09
Established Contributor

Re: PC or close my Delta card?

There were rumors that Delta was gone soon offer a no AF Delta Gold it may be worth hanging onto until then i have this same problem my AF on mine will come do later this year decisions lol. Amex keep sending me offers to upgrade to platinum for a measly 15K points no thanks im wait and see if the offer for 70K points comes back for the platinum. 

Message 2 of 4
SkyCommander
Frequent Contributor

If that rumor is true then I'd look into the downgrade. My fee will post in November so hopefully any news about it will come out before then.

Chase Hyatt | Chase Sapphire Preferred | Chase Freedom Unlimited | Amex ED | Amex Hilton | Amex Bonvoy | BoA Amtrak | CapOne Quicksilver
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends. I got my Delta March 2016. Besides meeting the $1k spend goal, didn't put any normal spend on it... BUT, it saved me, my wife, and other family about $650 in baggage fees. So it did what it was supposed to do. If you took two roundtrip flights on Delta (assuming you have no status), did you save $100 in baggage fees? That's really the only selling point for Delta Gold besides the 20% In-Flight.

I upgraded mine to Delta Platinum this past March once my card hit a year. I gained SPG Platinum status so the baggage perk is no longer benefitial so I decided I could at least get a free waiver out of it yearly. Smiley Tongue

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.