cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC to BCP from Delta Gold AMEX after CSP Hard Inq?

tag
bluedoggiant
New Contributor

PC to BCP from Delta Gold AMEX after CSP Hard Inq?

So I've had my Delta Gold AMEX for a year now, since July 2013. Last week I applied and got approved for the CSP and now I am interested in changing my Delta Gold AMEX to a BCP. Will they waive my $95 AF for the Delta card if I switch to the BCP? Will there be a hard inquiry, and if there is, would it be a problem that I just got hard inq'd for the CSP?

Credit score is like 739, low credit utilization. Delta Gold AMEX is 9k, CSP is 24k. CL will transfer right?

----- QS: $10k ------ CF: $14k ------- BCP: $15k ------- CSP: $24k ------ AMEXPlat ----
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PC to BCP from Delta Gold AMEX after CSP Hard Inq?

Delta gold has no annual fee for the first year. The only options I had for a PC with the Delta gold was Hilton Honors and something else I'm not sure of, but it wasn't BCP. I think you'll have to app for it. But, if for some reason they allow you to get the BCP on this card as an upgrade, I'm sure you'll only be responsible for the $75 AF for the BCP.

Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you are eligible for an upgrade, they will prorate the amount of the new AF.  There is no hp for upgrades with Amex 

Message 3 of 6
bluedoggiant
New Contributor

Is the Delta Gold AMEX considered to be an inferior card to the BCP?

----- QS: $10k ------ CF: $14k ------- BCP: $15k ------- CSP: $24k ------ AMEXPlat ----
Message 4 of 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@bluedoggiant wrote:

Is the Delta Gold AMEX considered to be an inferior card to the BCP?

I don't think inferior is the word? It's a higher AF than the BCP, but I don't think that's neither here nor there.

Message 5 of 6
bluedoggiant
New Contributor

They're not letting me PC to the BCP. Is it a bad idea to apply for the BCP considering I just apped (and approved) for CSP $24k last week?

I've had the AMEX card since July 2013 and my CK score is 739, paid all bills in time, less than 20% cred util, $150k income.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.