Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC to Citi Prestige, Possible?

tag
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

PC to Citi Prestige, Possible?

Wondering if it's possible to upgrade/PC my sock drawed Citi ThankYou to a Prestige. Something I'd like to "test out" in the future, but not worth a new TL or HP.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: PC to Citi Prestige, Possible?

I'm afraid not doable.  That's jumping several benefit levels (No FTFs, Companion ticket, etc) and tiers (WEMC) plus Citi Prestige has the $400 AF.  I would check with Citi but AFAIK they may not be able to PC the basic CTY to CP.

Message 2 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

I'm afraid not doable.  That's jumping several benefit levels (No FTFs, Companion ticket, etc) and tiers (WEMC) plus Citi Prestige has the $400 AF.  I would check with Citi but AFAIK they may not be able to PC the basic CTY to CP.

+1

but you can always try it never hurts

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

thanks. i'll talk to them anyway just to see (just curious). This is of course assuming I qualify for a WEMC.

Message 4 of 9
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@SuperKirby wrote:

Wondering if it's possible to upgrade/PC my sock drawed Citi ThankYou to a Prestige. Something I'd like to "test out" in the future, but not worth a new TL or HP.

If you wanted it and are probably going to get a HP why not and app for it that way you don't miss out on the sign up bonus.

Message 5 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

+1

Let us know the outcome.  Honestly, for the perks/benefits I would get the Chase Ritz Carlton first before I would go the Citi Prestige route IMO.

Message 6 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

+1

Let us know the outcome.  Honestly, for the perks/benefits I would get the Chase Ritz Carlton first before I would go the Citi Prestige route IMO.

Thats the reason I want to "test drive" it out. Instead of reading reviews all day, I want both the Ritz and Prestige (already have the Amex Plat) in the future and may the best man win out of the three, and I will only keep one out of the three.

ETA: To make it specific, I need a stellar concierge team. I hear Amex and JPM is the best, i would like to try out the Prestige as welll. However I only have experience with the Plat so theres a chance I might be missing out on something better. I think its better if I shop for one myself rather than read reviews (since they may or may not be relative to my situations).

Message 7 of 9
SuperKirby
Established Contributor

@ezdoesit wrote:

@SuperKirby wrote:

If you wanted it and are probably going to get a HP why not and app for it that way you don't miss out on the sign up bonus.

This would most likely be the case. My CTY is a Platinum MC with a $15K CL. They would most likely HP me for the WEMC PC, but maybe no new TL?

Message 8 of 9
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The Citi Prestige really isn't that difficult to get. Unless you're a heavy spender and flyer (75-100k+ annually in both categories), plus have Citigold/PB, it's not worth it for most people.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.