Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC to Citi Prestige?

tag
bluediamond63
Valued Member

PC to Citi Prestige?

I've got a Citi Dividend World Elite mastercard that I've had since 2005 with a $15,000 limit, I hardly use it because the rewards structure of the Dividend sucks. I am interested in PCing it to another Citi card but I want it to be another card that will be World Elite. I know the Thank you Premier is WE but the reward structure on it is already covered by my other cards and the other benefits for the AF aren't worth it IMO. So I was looking at the Prestige not really because of the rewards structure but more for the extra benefits the card provides. But anyways does anyone know 1- can you PC to a Prestige and 2- do you think I could get the reduced AF with PCing like the $350 AF from in branch?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PC to Citi Prestige?

@bluediamond63 wrote:

I've got a Citi Dividend World Elite mastercard that I've had since 2005 with a $15,000 limit, I hardly use it because the rewards structure of the Dividend sucks. I am interested in PCing it to another Citi card but I want it to be another card that will be World Elite. I know the Thank you Premier is WE but the reward structure on it is already covered by my other cards and the other benefits for the AF aren't worth it IMO. So I was looking at the Prestige not really because of the rewards structure but more for the extra benefits the card provides. But anyways does anyone know 1- can you PC to a Prestige and 2- do you think I could get the reduced AF with PCing like the $350 AF from in branch?

Do you not care about the sign up bonus? I'm not so sure you'd get the reduced AF either with a PC.

Message 2 of 6
bluediamond63
Valued Member

Sign up bonus would be nice but I'm just looking for a PC option right now. Don't really want two accts with Citi and I don't want to just close the Dividend with the history and CL I built up with it but I'd like to have a useful card with Citi.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told by a CSR that you could PC to the Prestige.  But like Nixon said, you would forfeit the sign-up bonus, and probably not get a lowered AF

Message 4 of 6
TrueGeminiNC
Frequent Contributor

I was able to PC to the Prestige card with no problem.  Unfortunately, Citi would not honor bonuses or reduced AF.  However, I will say the one good thing is Citi has allowed me to maintain my same APR through all of my product changes.  

The advertised APR for the Prestige is 15.24%.  My rate is ~9.7%.  My account started as an AT&T Universal Card back in college and thankfully I have been able to maintain the low APR despite 4 PC changes.  

Message 5 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

@TrueGeminiNC wrote:

I was able to PC to the Prestige card with no problem.  Unfortunately, Citi would not honor bonuses or reduced AF.  However, I will say the one good thing is Citi has allowed me to maintain my same APR through all of my product changes.  

The advertised APR for the Prestige is 15.24%.  My rate is ~9.7%.  My account started as an AT&T Universal Card back in college and thankfully I have been able to maintain the low APR despite 4 PC changes.  

This I find extremely interesting. I have two "closed" CITI accounts:

AT&T Universal card (Charter Member!) from year 2000 which they wanted to change the 7.99% to over 20%, so I closed the account. CL is still showing $21,540, APR still showing 7.99% as I continue to pay down the balance from when it was closed. $1,093 open balance. $45 per month payments.

Citi TY Preferred card, also from year 2000, they closed, still paying on the balance. $1,834 at 1.99% paying $75 per month.

Both cards just showed up with EQ alerts this week as "dormant account activity" after 63 months or so. Both accounts have indications to "call us to open them". Both accounts have "Request CLI" with SP offers, though the Citi TYP says, no, actually the account is closed but call us if you want to.

So my gardening plan is to work on the stupid Discover card "spend $7,500 get $200 bonus" to keep me busy, then in September see about resurecting the ATT card, then PC that to a Prestige. Eff the Prestige bonus; getting a $20k Prestige with year 2000 open date and (doubtful but work with me here) a 7.99% APR would be killer.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.