Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC to Discover Miles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PC to Discover Miles

Do you think that Discover it will ever let any of us PC to Discover it Miles? Probably very unlikely it will ever be allowed, just wanted to put the question out there.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: PC to Discover Miles

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you think that Discover it will ever let any of us PC to Discover it Miles? Probably very unlikely it will ever be allowed, just wanted to put the question out there.

If it was allowed, and was like most PCs, you wouldn't get the double miles for the first year.   In which case the card is pretty indifferent, 1.5%

Message 2 of 7
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Right, even if it was permitted, the double miles at 3% wouldn't apply so it's just a 1.5% cashback card (which can have some merit if you don't have a QS or DC and don't want a new HP and would rather PC, but is not super exciting)

Message 3 of 7
steel_string
Regular Contributor

Last time the subject came up, Discover wasn't giving a time frame on that, although their CSRs have been pretty firm that it will be happening down the road.
Chase Sapphire Preferred ($24.005k), Fidelity VS ($17K), United MileagePlus Explorer ($17K), Chase Freedom ($15K), Chase Freedom Unlimited ($15K), AmEx Blue Cash ($12.5K), IHG One Rewards Premier ($6.1K), US Bank Cash+ ($5K)
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would they really do it? they keep touting that card as for only "well qualified customers." What would that mean to them? 8 year history with Discover? Lots and lots of spend for the entire 8 yrs?

Message 5 of 7
jawbrkr
Established Contributor

@steel_string wrote:
Last time the subject came up, Discover wasn't giving a time frame on that, although their CSRs have been pretty firm that it will be happening down the road.

Yeah. I had asked a Discover CSR a few weeks ago if I could PC my card to the Miles card and she said that currently was not possible but marked my account to be notified when the possibility arose. I am guessing it will probably be sometime within the next year. I may not even want it by then. Not sure how long I will stick with Discover. I will give them a year and see. Their cards are pretty much all the same. No variety.

|| TU08: 811 || EQ08: 811 || EX08: 802 ||

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the helpful information, jwbrkr! Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.