Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCing a BoA card.

tag
NewSurrender
Contributor

PCing a BoA card.

So in February of 2011 I opened up a partially secured BoA card (99/500). Used it for a year and in February of 2012, they graduated the card and returned my deposit.

I don't use the card (I have a 123 BoA card), but my mom does use it occasionally. I figured if the card is going to be used, I might as well call and ask to PC from a BankAmericard Platinum Plus Visa to a card that offers some sort of rewards. Just had a few questions though:

- Will it be a HP to PC an existing account?

- If I PC, will it show up on my credit report as a new account? As in, will my AAoA take a hit from it, or will it show the account as opened in 02/2011?

- The card has a $39 annual fee, any chance of the fee being dropped if I PC to a card with a $0 annual fee? The AF is a big dealbreaker, since excluding my Zync, that's the only card I have with an AF. If they refuse to remove it, I'll probably close the account next year before the AF hits.

- Any suggestions on what card to go for? I already have the 123 rewards card, so that's covered. I was thinking of getting the American Express points card, but I'm not sure of value of a point, might not be worth it. Honestly, the card won't be used much, but any rewards are better than zero rewards. If BoA is getting transactions fees for being used, I deserve my cut, right?

Thanks for the help guys, I appreciate it.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PCing a BoA card.

PC is always a SP for BofA

If you PC there is no negative effect to your credit history. It would be the same history with a new account number

I don't know about the AF

The travel rewards card gives 1.5 points per dollar which is equal 1.5 cent. The points for AMEX card worth less

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.