Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED 3rd Quarter PreApproval Master Thread

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

PENFED 3rd Quarter PreApproval Master Thread

The lovely thing about PenFed is their quarterly preapprovals which is not so much a preapproval but a soft based approval.  If you get a preapproval offer, you can just accept it with no further credit checks (ie no hard inquiries).  They should be up sometime in early July so I thought I would start this thread now to remind people to check their PenFed accounts often in July.  If you don't get a preapproval, worthwhile to see if PenFed is pulling soft inquiry on Equifax.  If they aren't, it is kind of voodoo science to get them to start.  Some people say you can jog it with regular use of your savings/checking accounts or by apping for a credit product, or by waiting for 1 year after joining PenFed, etc.  However, if you have a credit product, you should be getting soft inquiry every quarter.

Preapprovals look like this:

yourapproved.jpg

You should View All my Offers and it should something like this:

yourapproved.jpg

Images are from someone else.  Good luck everyone!

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Re: PENFED 3rd Quarter PreApproval Master Thread

Has anyone actually got preapprovals from PenFed since they revamped their website?

Message 2 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

They showed up last quarter so I assume they will be around this quarter.

Message 3 of 44
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:

They showed up last quarter so I assume they will be around this quarter.

Ah neat, thanks for the heads up Crash.  Penfed was one of the lenders I was looking to refinance my auto loan with (since they have REDONKULUSLY low rates if you get approved) in the back half of July.  Will probably pull the EQ report anyway from annualcredit report to see, but I haven't used the account since I opened it back in January so I sort of doubt I'll have anything available.  Could get lucky though Smiley Wink.

        
Message 4 of 44
namvet
Established Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

Has anyone actually got preapprovals from PenFed since they revamped their website?

Have received several pre-approvals by email only.  None on the web site.

Message 5 of 44
Datx
Valued Contributor

Got me an offer!!

Smiley Sad

Message 6 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Datx, hopefully you get something a little better in next couple of weeks.

Message 7 of 44
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Hey, I have that too Datx!

I'm guessing there's another section for "Your Offers" instead of "Other Offers."  I hadn't logged into the account in a bit, at least they improved their absolutely lame web interface sometime over the past six months... though now they're throwing some SSL error for Chrome on Mac, go go beta testing, though from reports that's all Google's fault.

        
Message 8 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have any of their credit cards. How can I join? Do they hard pull for becoming a member?

Message 9 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Pull on Equifax to join.  Can use same pull for credit products within 60 or 90 days.  PenFed very conservative lender so better make sure your credit file is good.

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.