Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED 3rd Quarter PreApproval Master Thread

tag
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

Re: PENFED 3rd Quarter PreApproval Master Thread

Is it safe to assume if you see only the "Other Offers" box, that you don't have any offers?

I have never seen anything like the "My Offers" box show at the beginning of this thread, and I always wished I was looking in the wrong place, but it's more likely that my credit profile somehow scares them. They've turned me down 2-3 times for credit cards, but I've had a savings account with them for almost 2 years now.

I am thinking that by the time they want to offer me something, I'll have already found it elsewhere. Smiley Sad

Message 31 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My appoligies in the confussion you are correct I was not being very articulate in the details.  50 per ACH transaction every day!  Just sucks I wanted to just transfer like 500 bucks but I have to do it one day at a time and 50 bucks at a time. 

Mail in a check. I had to do that.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 32 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

If you didn't get offers this quarter, check to see if you got soft pull from them on EQ on 6/12. If you did, they didn't offer for whatever reason. If they didn't soft, you need to figure out a way to jog the system. Might be worth a call to them.
Message 33 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Crashem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My appoligies in the confussion you are correct I was not being very articulate in the details.  50 per ACH transaction every day!  Just sucks I wanted to just transfer like 500 bucks but I have to do it one day at a time and 50 bucks at a time. 

Mail in a check. I had to do that.

Yes Yes I know its' funny how the little things in life we seem to forget and take advantage of, once again since i'm in Afghanistan I don't have access to my checks becaue I didn't bring them with me to a combat zone! 

Message 34 of 44
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

I have offers, but the format changed.

This time there is a box that says "Your Offers." It is not the same yellow box it used to be. It's on the right side, under the Transfers box.

In the box it says "Auto Loan" and there is a green "Accept" button. I didn't click that. Underneath that there is the line "See all offers." When I click that then the potential loans come up. They are for cars, boats, motor homes, etc. They range from $30k to $39.9k.

There are no credit cards listed, but I got a new one from them about 6 months ago, so that doesn't surprise me. So, if I wanted to spend money, the offers are there.

Message 35 of 44
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Hey guys, I just got my monthly Pen Fed Statement. Inserted was a flyer offering 1.99% interest on a new or used automobile loan for up to $ 48,000.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 36 of 44
jla84
Regular Contributor

All I have are auto/boat/moter home/etc loans, and only for $15K. Smiley Sad

But my EQ score has dropped considerably from student loan shenanigans (transferred from dept of ed to mohela seems to have wreaked havoc on the reporting) plus new credit. I'm a little nervous that they see my current score and will actually CLD me now. Ahhh!

Starting Score (07/2011): EQ 706 TU 709
Current Score (6/2013): EQ 740 TU 732 EX 740
Goal Score: 750+ on all 3

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 37 of 44
youngman1234
Established Contributor

I got a soft pull on eq on 6/12...but got no offers ??...score at that time was 670. Currently 744
Message 38 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@youngman1234 wrote:
I got a soft pull on eq on 6/12...but got no offers ??...score at that time was 670. Currently 744
Sorry, your score jumped from 670 to 744 in about a month? Nice. You have to wait another quarter. While 744 is good, you might not get preapprovals. Might want to app and take the hp.
Message 39 of 44
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@MS00000000 wrote:

Is it safe to assume if you see only the "Other Offers" box, that you don't have any offers?

I have never seen anything like the "My Offers" box show at the beginning of this thread, and I always wished I was looking in the wrong place, but it's more likely that my credit profile somehow scares them. They've turned me down 2-3 times for credit cards, but I've had a savings account with them for almost 2 years now.

I am thinking that by the time they want to offer me something, I'll have already found it elsewhere. Smiley Sad

Check your equifax for the soft pull on 6/12. What does equifax fico look like? If no soft pull, need to be a little more active with accounts. But a little voodoo science to figure out what to do.
Message 40 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.