Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED AMEX 15K APPROVAL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PENFED AMEX 15K APPROVAL

@Anonymous wrote:

I travel a bunch and this card works for me versus the Platinum Visa since I typically use Discover, Chase Freedom or Amex blue for cash back.  To do a product change from another PenFed product, you can go to penfed.org (don't sign in) and click forms under the gray bar at top (above how to join), then click credit cards and then printout the Premium Travel Rewards product change form at the bottom under Credit Card Upgrade forms.  You can then mail/fax or email the completed form to info@hq.penfed.org.

Now with regards to the particulars.  The CSR said that the 20000 bonus miles clicks in if you spend $650 in the first 90 days.  As for the two VIP lounge visits, he said "eligible" is only after you put $15k on the card that year.   Just pay the $27 in my opinion.  I'll be interested to see the actual truth when the card comes in.  With all the travel that I do, the 5X just worked out for me with the additional Penfed travel privileges and NOT having to deal with Amex itself.  I don't pay for gas (company vehicle) and typically get more than 2% on groceries on other cards so Platinum was sitting in my sock drawer until the change.   I'm quite sure Amex will cut my CL on the Blue when they see the big CL on Penfed Amex report on my CRA's.

Good assessment!

Smiley Happy

Message 31 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.