Valued Contributor
Guardian

Re: PENFED LOVE BUTTON

nathan wrote:
I tried to push the button, but it required me to check a box accepting a pull, which I presume is a hard because it didn't specify. i immediately canx the application until I get enough evidence that it is a soft. i am not taking any chances on my eq which is already pregnant with a lot of inqs. I hope some forum member will provide that evidence for me.

Good call.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Frequent Contributor
nathan

Very well.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

I am reasonably certain that when I clicked (with the poor CSR making encouraging noises), it came up with a "Congrats..."

If so, this means that PenFed is like Citi --if they want you to fill out a form, it's a hard, and there's no guarantee. If they say congrats, you are approved, jump on it.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Contributor
Guardian

haulingthescoreup wrote:
I am reasonably certain that when I clicked (with the poor CSR making encouraging noises), it came up with a "Congrats..."

If so, this means that PenFed is like Citi --if they want you to fill out a form, it's a hard, and there's no guarantee. If they say congrats, you are approved, jump on it.

My friend, I think the concern is whether or not your CLI was waiting for you and it was softed vs. if we mere mortals went through the CLI process, it might hit as a hard because it was "initiated" by us instead of true love, make sense?

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

I agree; I think that there is a huge difference between a lender-initiated CLI and a consumer-requested one.

I just went poking through my e-mails to see if they ever sent a "Hey, idiot, we're trying to give you credit," but I couldn't find one. I think that there was a thread going here about a pop-up luv button, and I checked my online account, and there it was.

*just found where I posted about the CLI --I'd forgotten how they do it (odd, but I'll take it)*

Santa PenFed brings Christmas in October
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
nathan

Hey Guardian, what happened to your exp?
Valued Contributor
Guardian

nathan wrote:
Hey Guardian, what happened to your exp?

I actually have not yet seen a luv button or a CLI, but then again my account is hardly a month and half old with PenFed. I am not expecting anything anytime soon, they treated me pretty well to start with so I can wait.

Senior Contributor
txjohn

hauling -

in your other post that you linked to you spoke about usaa.  we are members and have insurance with them...but haven't ever apped for credit.  who do they pull from on CRA's?

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

txjohn wrote:

hauling -

in your other post that you linked to you spoke about usaa.  we are members and have insurance with them...but haven't ever apped for credit.  who do they pull from on CRA's?

Almost always EQ. Answered more here:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=creditcard&message.id=153462#M153462

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+