Frequent Contributor
nathan

PENFED LOVE BUTTON

Has any one tried the love button on cli, and if so was it a hard pull? I see it on my logging page staring at me all the time. I was'nt seeing this before. Does every body see it too?
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: PENFED LOVE BUTTON

I think it appears when they decide that they do indeed love you.

The last time this question came up (last winter, maybe?) I hit it, and they jumped me from $10K to $20.2K. This with an account only 9 or 10 months old, that started Feb 08 at $5K.

I think that I called up and had a CSR hold my hand as I hit the button, but then I'm famous for being a weenie. :smileyhappy:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
nathan

Hey haulingthescoreup, was it a hard?

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Nope. I suppose because they offered it. I clicked the button, and it said something like congrats, you're approved for a new CL, do you wish to accept?" (Sorry, I wish I could remember the exact terminology.)

If there isn't an offer there waiting, I would be a bit more cautious, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Senior Contributor
txjohn

:smileyvery-happy:  wow, that last bit of exchange is pretty funny.....if you read it carefully.  sorry :smileytongue:

Credit Scoring 101 - Tuscani   *  Guide to Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads * FICO High Achievers  *  FICO Score Estimator

09/03/2009 TU: 777, EQ: 776 ($8 balance on an account dropped me out of 780's)
03/28/2009 TU: 814, EQ: 810, EX: 781 (02/12/2009)
05/18/2005 TU: 563, EQ: 580, EX: 549
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

txjohn wrote:

:smileyvery-happy:  wow, that last bit of exchange is pretty funny.....if you read it carefully.  sorry :smileytongue:

True of so much in life, isn't it? :smileywink:
Valued Contributor
Guardian

Goodness, you couldn't soften the blow? I was hoping I had just missed it :smileyvery-happy: You are not a weenie, just a meanie :smileytongue: (you KNOW I am kidding)

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Frequent Contributor
nathan

Oh yea, I guess what I see is not an invitation per se; it is just one of the options available under my cc page. I tried to click it but, but the process looks more like an online cli request which will result in a hard inq. haulinghtescoreup, I think yours was a cli just sitting there and waiting for you to push the trigger. i was surprised because i never had that option before on the old web page; maybe its just part of the new web page design or upgrade.
Valued Contributor
Guardian

nathan wrote:
Oh yea, I guess what I see is not an invitation per se; it is just one of the options available under my cc page. I tried to click it but, but the process looks more like an online cli request which will result in a hard inq. haulinghtescoreup, I think yours was a cli just sitting there and waiting for you to push the trigger. i was surprised because i never had that option before on the old web page; maybe its just part of the new web page design or upgrade.

I always thought the love buttons were treated as a soft, it would kind of suck if they hit hard. Hmm..makes you reconsider...at least for me.

Common Abbreviations|FDCPA|FCRA
Take the FICO Fitness ChallengeStarting Score: TU:695 - EQ:719 - EX:630
Current Score: TU:712 - EQ:755 - EX:712
Goal Score: TU:800 - EQ:800 - EX:800

Frequent Contributor
nathan

I tried to push the button, but it required me to check a box accepting a pull, which I presume is a hard because it didn't specify. i immediately canx the application until I get enough evidence that it is a soft. i am not taking any chances on my eq which is already pregnant with a lot of inqs. I hope some forum member will provide that evidence for me.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}