Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED (any chance)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PENFED (any chance)

I've read lots of goodies in this forum abt Penfed esp. gas rebates, low apr, etc but jst afraid to try with them. I got bk in 07 disch. & have slowly rebuilt my cs now @ 660/ 690 both FICO, any advice would be appreciated. Thnks.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Re: PENFED (any chance)

Penfed is VERY conservative.  They strongly dislike public records.  They denied me for a secured cc w/ficos in the mid-high 600s JUST b/c of a 7 yo tax lien, so I’m not sure they’d give you a cc w/a recent bk.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thnks & would not try them then if they don't like me who'd past record...they just miss a probable good & responsible borrower now Smiley Happy.  
Message 3 of 6
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

Can you join usaa or nfcu or a local credit union (maybe alliant- but I’m not sure if they’re bk friendly)?  I was really turned off by penfed’s attitude…holding a 7 yr old baddie against me like I was some kind of criminal…I had more than enough on deposit w/them to cover a secured cc, but they gave me ‘no way, no how, not going to happen’ in return.  Seriously, denial for a SECURED cc?  Just didn’t make sense.  Oh well, USAA just gave me a secured cc + soon I will get 1 from NFCU.  Sometimes denials from 1 place turn into better things @ other places.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

dont know if I can bec Im not in service, I have CU chk/ sav acct & 4 post-bk CC with low utilz, 1 reason I ask PenF was I know they give high CL which that's primarily my target..high CL, anyone you recommend that I have a chance?

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

PenFed does not give high CL unless you have excellent credit and income to justify.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.