Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
NEEDCREDITADVISE
New Contributor

PENFED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I applied with  PenFed yesterday and they gave me the 24 hour pending status, I called today and they are requesting two most recent check stubs, DOES that mean I'm approved pending my stubs
Thanks for everyone's input..........
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
nicemann
Established Contributor

Re: PENFED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully by the way it sounds, they will approve you.

Not to thread highjack but I was wondering.....I have nothing to do with the military, neither does any of my family or friends.  What is the best way to get membership with them?

Message Edited by nicemann on 05-29-2008 08:24 PM
Message 2 of 17
NEEDCREDITADVISE
New Contributor

Me neither,  I joined by paying 20.00 to military family one time donation and 5.00  to open a share account
Thanks for everyone's input..........
Message 3 of 17
nicemann
Established Contributor

Humm If I knew I would get approved it may be worth the $20.  Guess I better sleep on it before I waste another INQ.
Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

nicemann wrote:
Hopefully by the way it sounds, they will approve you.

Not to thread highjack but I was wondering.....I have nothing to do with the military, neither does any of my family or friends.  What is the best way to get membership with them?

Message Edited by nicemann on 05-29-2008 08:24 PM

Hi nicemann call the 800 # and apply! You can open a checking, savings, money market, ect.... to become a member The cheapest way is the savings account which is opened with $5!
Message 5 of 17
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

If you are non military join the military family assoc. right off from penfed's website, now there is a new promo I saw where its only $15 to join +$5 to fund savings acct = $20 total to get in

Penfed is notoriously strict though so make sure
1. no new accounts within 3 months (preferably 1 year but ymmv)
2. few inquiries (not recent)
3. no balance to cl ratios high (they will call you an egyptian)
4. they dont like too many CAs/judgements and frown on lower scores.. but ymmv with recon

if it says pending paystubs its MOST likely approved with verification of the income you stated on your app matches

Another way to check pending apps with penfed than to call 800# is login online click Manage account click Check Application Status and select the box next to it under "view comments" click submit and it will show you the status
Message 6 of 17
Scamp
Valued Contributor

SonorityGenius wrote:
If you are non military join the military family assoc. right off from penfed's website, now there is a new promo I saw where its only $15 to join +$5 to fund savings acct = $20 total to get in

SG, I didn't see this promo on the website last weekend when I was nosing around before joining, and when I ended up applying over the phone using the NMFA route and mentioned this promo to the CSR taking my app, she looked and couldn't find it, either - would you please give a bit more information about how to find this promo on there..?  Thanks!!

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 7 of 17
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

sure, on the right hand corner side of penfed.org is an for the MFA click on it and you will see this

"Pentagon Federal Credit Union members whom wish to join MOAA can now take advantage of our MOAA discounted membership fee of only $13"

So it actually is lower than $15 now!!

Message Edited by SonorityGenius on 05-30-2008 12:31 PM
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys quickie does Pennfed have more than one location if so where abouts or can you  find locals on their website. Thanks for your help n advance.
Message 9 of 17
Scamp
Valued Contributor

SonorityGenius wrote:
sure, on the right hand corner side of penfed.org is an for the MFA click on it and you will see this

"Pentagon Federal Credit Union members whom wish to join MOAA can now take advantage of our MOAA discounted membership fee of only $13"

So it actually is lower than $15 now!!

Message Edited by SonorityGenius on 05-30-2008 12:31 PM

Ah - so the promo is for MOAA, not NMFA - okay. lol. 

Thanks for clarifying and for the link - I can't use it, but I'm sure others will who are military officers and want to join up that way!  Smiley Happy

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.