Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PENFED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tag
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Re: PENFED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roflmao! you're right, omg I could have swore I read MMFA lmaooo its MOAA.. I just saw the capital "M" and scrolled down on it?!

lol, <<needs to get RX for glasses>
Message 11 of 17
brooklyngal
Contributor

They'll call you an egyptian if you have too many accounts opened within a short time.  That's what they called me even though my EQ score is high and my CL ratios weren't high.

SonorityGenius wrote:
If you are non military join the military family assoc. right off from penfed's website, now there is a new promo I saw where its only $15 to join +$5 to fund savings acct = $20 total to get in

Penfed is notoriously strict though so make sure
1. no new accounts within 3 months (preferably 1 year but ymmv)
2. few inquiries (not recent)
3. no balance to cl ratios high (they will call you an egyptian)
4. they dont like too many CAs/judgements and frown on lower scores.. but ymmv with recon

if it says pending paystubs its MOST likely approved with verification of the income you stated on your app matches

Another way to check pending apps with penfed than to call 800# is login online click Manage account click Check Application Status and select the box next to it under "view comments" click submit and it will show you the status

I'm in the 700 club now! Smiley Happy
1/9/10 scores: TU: 766 | EX: YOU SUCK! | EQ: 736
Message 12 of 17
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Anyone can join MOAA as an auxillary member. The $13 membership rate is a bargain! I joined NMFA for $20. You do not need to maintain your membership beyond the initial signup period.
Message 13 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I didn't mind giving $20 to NMFA. Military families have a lot of challenges, especially in wartime, so if they can use my bucks, good for them. Smiley Happy

Besides, I made back that $20 in the first month with my gas card cash back. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

Besides, I made back that $20 in the first month with my gas card cash back. Smiley Wink

You must use a lot of gas to get $20 cash back on gas.
Message 15 of 17
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

You must use a lot of gas to get $20 cash back on gas.

It's 5% on gas, 2% on groceries, and 1.25% on everything else.

I don't use cash any more, so it you run everything through just a few cards, the rewards can really add up. And I pay them off every month, sometimes several times within a month, so I don't pay any interest. This was after two statements:

EARNED 1.25% REBATE YEAR TO DATE IS 6.81
EARNED 5% REBATE YEAR TO DATE IS 23.38
EARNED 2% REBATE YEAR TO DATE IS 12.08
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 16 of 17
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

HSTU -

Same program as you. Having to change from running most everything through my debit card to instead the PenFed card. After a few months I will have a little more confidence in my ability to do this, but so far so good. I also have more that enough on deposit with PenFed to cover my account so they should love me even more than they did when they granted me my card. Getting the SO to run her payments through PenFed as opposed to debit card will be more difficult. (She runs EVERYTHING through her debit card, including things she should absolutely not, like Paypal! Never pay for ANYTHING on Ebay other than by Paypal backed by CC. NEVER!) But, after she sees some rewards credited to her account I am sure she'll "get" the program. I have more that recouped the $20 membership fee for NMFA and I have have the card just about a month. I considered joining MOAA as an auxillary member, but NMFA won out. I think they are a very worthy cause!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.