Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFCU (Philadelphia Federal Credit Union) CC App questions

tag
CreditStudent1981
Valued Member

PFCU (Philadelphia Federal Credit Union) CC App questions

Greetings everyone.

As usually, this board is a wealth of information and I am thankful for the various members that share their experiences and knowledge with everyone. 

This morning I decided to apply for their Signature Visa Card as I would like to to get away from Capital One/Orchard Bank (which is all that I have at this point). I got the "we will let you know in 7-10 days message" but they offered my the ability to do a Balance Transfer. So I put two of my Capital One Account numbers in and requested the balance to be transferred to the "new card". 

I must admit, I am confused and haven't called PFCU or Elan Financial (that is who assists the CU with the issuing of cards) as to if I was really approved or not and why they give me the option to Balance Transfer after the 7-10 days message. 

Any thoughts from the community? 

Current Scores--> TU 620 (FICO), EQ (FICO), EX 616 (Experian vantage site)

Chase Freedom ($700), PFCU ($4k), Capital One ($750), Sears/CapitalOneJr. ($420)

Gardening until scores hit 700.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
a3quit4s
Regular Contributor

Re: PFCU (Philadelphia Federal Credit Union) CC App questions

My guess is that will take that information into account while they are reviewing. They may just want to know the purpose of the card or how much of a limit too give based on the balance transfers amount. Did you do a google search and see if they have some sort of number you can call to talk too someone? That's what I would do in your shoes.

Your scores are a little low which would explain the 7-10 day message. I would def call and explain why you want the card and that you really wan tto get away form Orchard Bank. Do they still charge to pay your bill? Use that.

EQ 733 3/3/13 GOAL: 800 Merrill Lynch Merrill+ $12,500 | AMEX BCE 6K | AMEX PRG NPSL | CSP 6K | Freedom 5K | Discover IT 5K | HVFCU 10K | American Eagle Visa 5K | Citi Thank You Preferred 6,100

In the garden since 4/22/13 | Hating on Capital One since '09
Message 2 of 11
CreditStudent1981
Valued Member

Thanks for your response. 

I actually got the courage to call one of the numbers on the main PFCU site for Card Services and they gave me the underwriting department (not sure if I can state the numer in this post but am willing to share to give back to the community).

The rep told me its in the final stage of the approval process and I should find out in about 24 hours. I'll take that as a good sign?

Im just desperate to get rid of Capital One and Orchard Bank and their low limits.

Chase Freedom ($700), PFCU ($4k), Capital One ($750), Sears/CapitalOneJr. ($420)

Message 3 of 11
CreditStudent1981
Valued Member

So just an update on my situation to those that may have been following. I called today to get a status on my application and I was aprroved!! 

PFCU gave me a $4k limit which is a first for me. As soon as I confirmed this with the rep, I called up and cancelled two of my Orchard(Capital One Jr) cards. I may just cancel them all seeing my new limit is more combined than all of the cards I have now.

Nice way to start the weekend! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 11
scorpiostinger07
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!!

Starting Score: 433
Current Score: 700
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 11
CreditStudent1981
Valued Member

Thanks!

Message 6 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Wow! Congrats that's a great CL based on your scores!
Message 7 of 11
CreditStudent1981
Valued Member

Thank you. I was shocked also. But it is a CU and they have been pretty hard up for acquiring more business from what I have been told. 
Best thing though is saying goodbye to sub-prime.

Message 8 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

Take care of this card and prime additions will come next year!! I would head to the garden and get a year of positive history on this account.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 9 of 11
CreditStudent1981
Valued Member

Gardening sounds very good to me. If you see my post anything about coming out of the garden, Yell at me lol.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.