Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFICO???

tag
williewonka
Valued Member

PFICO???

Does the P in the PFICO per chance stand for PLUS, as in the EX model on their site? I think I read on here that it is a model used for consumer loans or CC's? Any other info is appreciated.
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PFICO???

williewonka wrote:
Does the P in the PFICO per chance stand for PLUS, as in the EX model on their site? I think I read on here that it is a model used for consumer loans or CC's? Any other info is appreciated.

The P in PFICO stands for Providian, since it's available to consumers only through WaMu's (formerly Providian's) CC servicing site.  It has nothing to do with the EX PLUS score.

Here's my recent explanation of the PFICO and what it is.

Message 2 of 9
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

I'm sure the mods will give an even more technical and accurate answer to this but the answer is "no". The EX Plus is a FAKO. PFICO's are real FICO's but use a model more specific to credit card issuers. There are also real FICOs modeled for auto loans but I don't know what those are called.

If you have a WaMu credit card, you get your PFICO for free.
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 3 of 9
Math_Rocks
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@williewonka wrote:

The P in PFICO stands for Providian, since it's available to consumers only through WaMu's (formerly Providian's) CC servicing site. It has nothing to do with the EX PLUS score.

Here's my recent explanation of the PFICO and what it is.

See, I knew a mod would beat me to it! Smiley Happy
Filed Chapter 13 April 2012. Case successfully closed May 2017, about 1 month after 60th payment. FAKO scores on close date: TU 695 EQ 697. Received discharge July 11th - took forever! Real EX day of discharge 624.
Message 4 of 9
williewonka
Valued Member

OK, so it's Providian's version tailored to their liking. DO other CCC's or lenders have their own tweeked versions as well, and just use them internally?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

williewonka wrote:
OK, so it's Providian's version tailored to their liking. DO other CCC's or lenders have their own tweeked versions as well, and just use them internally?

No, it's not Providian/Wamu's tailored version at all.  It's the bankcard-industry version used by a number of CC issuers, one of which just happens to be WaMu.

We call it a PFICO around here because the only place you can get it is through WaMu's CC servicing site.  That doesn't mean it's a WaMu-specific score.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Math_Rocks wrote:

See, I knew a mod would beat me to it! Smiley Happy

Smiley Wink

Good answer, though.

Message 7 of 9
williewonka
Valued Member

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.
Message 8 of 9
jmbfl
Valued Contributor

Here's a real, substantive question:

Why does the PFICO snapshot report I have one "derogatory item" when nobody else does? (TC reports zero derogatories across the board.) Does the Bankcard FICO scoring model use a different defintiion of  "derogatory item"? What gives?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.