Established Member
williewonka

PFICO???

Does the P in the PFICO per chance stand for PLUS, as in the EX model on their site? I think I read on here that it is a model used for consumer loans or CC's? Any other info is appreciated.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Re: PFICO???

williewonka wrote:
Does the P in the PFICO per chance stand for PLUS, as in the EX model on their site? I think I read on here that it is a model used for consumer loans or CC's? Any other info is appreciated.

The P in PFICO stands for Providian, since it's available to consumers only through WaMu's (formerly Providian's) CC servicing site.  It has nothing to do with the EX PLUS score.

Here's my recent explanation of the PFICO and what it is.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Frequent Contributor
Math_Rocks

I'm sure the mods will give an even more technical and accurate answer to this but the answer is "no". The EX Plus is a FAKO. PFICO's are real FICO's but use a model more specific to credit card issuers. There are also real FICOs modeled for auto loans but I don't know what those are called.

If you have a WaMu credit card, you get your PFICO for free.
Filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy 04/12 after two and a half years in a DMP. So wish we would have done the BK sooner. Live and learn!
Frequent Contributor
Math_Rocks

cheddar wrote:

williewonka wrote:

The P in PFICO stands for Providian, since it's available to consumers only through WaMu's (formerly Providian's) CC servicing site. It has nothing to do with the EX PLUS score.

Here's my recent explanation of the PFICO and what it is.

See, I knew a mod would beat me to it! :smileyhappy:
Filed Chapter 13 bankruptcy 04/12 after two and a half years in a DMP. So wish we would have done the BK sooner. Live and learn!
Established Member
williewonka

OK, so it's Providian's version tailored to their liking. DO other CCC's or lenders have their own tweeked versions as well, and just use them internally?
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

williewonka wrote:
OK, so it's Providian's version tailored to their liking. DO other CCC's or lenders have their own tweeked versions as well, and just use them internally?

No, it's not Providian/Wamu's tailored version at all.  It's the bankcard-industry version used by a number of CC issuers, one of which just happens to be WaMu.

We call it a PFICO around here because the only place you can get it is through WaMu's CC servicing site.  That doesn't mean it's a WaMu-specific score.

App free since 7/11/08.
Moderator Emeritus
cheddar

Math_Rocks wrote:

See, I knew a mod would beat me to it! :smileyhappy:

:smileywink:

Good answer, though.

App free since 7/11/08.
Established Member
williewonka

Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.
Valued Contributor
jmbfl

Here's a real, substantive question:

Why does the PFICO snapshot report I have one "derogatory item" when nobody else does? (TC reports zero derogatories across the board.) Does the Bankcard FICO scoring model use a different defintiion of  "derogatory item"? What gives?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+