New Visitor
fishman31

PIF Amex Charge Off-What Next GW?

My AMEX account was charged off.  Sent to CA.  I just finished PIF.  Was told I will receive an app for the Optima card through their Oasis program.

My questions are:  Will this PIF help my score any?

Should I send a GW letter to AMEX and if so, to whom?

Thank you in advance

Frequent Contributor
bakalao2k

Re: PIF Amex Charge Off-What Next GW?

Does the Oasis program still exist?  I spoke to someone in customer service a few weeks ago and they said it doesn't exist anymore.
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Frequent Contributor
Underh20

bakalao2k wrote:
Does the Oasis program still exist?  I spoke to someone in customer service a few weeks ago and they said it doesn't exist anymore.

Even if it does exist, what's to stop AmEx from issuing you a card and then a week or so down the road slash your credit limit of place you under financial review?

If the debt is outside of the SOL, I'd say let AmEx eat it.

Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Depending on what's going on with your reports, re-establishing that length of history can be very helpful. Also, for those who are troubled by knowing that they owe money to the creditor, it's a way of clearing that out.

But of course, there's no telling what they might do with the actual account. Again, the main purpose of Oasis is to regain the length of history, and the secondary (perhaps main for many folks) is to repay a debt.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}