Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIF Amex Charge Off-What Next GW?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

PIF Amex Charge Off-What Next GW?

My AMEX account was charged off.  Sent to CA.  I just finished PIF.  Was told I will receive an app for the Optima card through their Oasis program.

My questions are:  Will this PIF help my score any?

Should I send a GW letter to AMEX and if so, to whom?

Thank you in advance

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
bakalao2k
Frequent Contributor

Re: PIF Amex Charge Off-What Next GW?

Does the Oasis program still exist?  I spoke to someone in customer service a few weeks ago and they said it doesn't exist anymore.
TU - 737 - 02/21/09, 769 - 02/06/10, 795 - 09/08/10
EQ - 758 - 02/21/09, 783 - 02/06/10, 805 - 09/08/10
EX (PLUS) - 781 03/23/09, 787 - 02/06/10, 783 - 08/09/10
Message 2 of 4
Underh20
Frequent Contributor

@bakalao2k wrote:
Does the Oasis program still exist?  I spoke to someone in customer service a few weeks ago and they said it doesn't exist anymore.

Even if it does exist, what's to stop AmEx from issuing you a card and then a week or so down the road slash your credit limit of place you under financial review?

If the debt is outside of the SOL, I'd say let AmEx eat it.

Message 3 of 4
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Depending on what's going on with your reports, re-establishing that length of history can be very helpful. Also, for those who are troubled by knowing that they owe money to the creditor, it's a way of clearing that out.

But of course, there's no telling what they might do with the actual account. Again, the main purpose of Oasis is to regain the length of history, and the secondary (perhaps main for many folks) is to repay a debt.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.