Frequent Contributor
atarvuzdar

Re: PIF or gradually pay off to maximize increase in score?

Congratulations!

You'll save a bunch in interest, no doubt. The big thing is making sure you don't USE all of that newly-available credit to just rack up the bills again. Good luck and congratulations again!

Current: EQ 673 September2013 / TU 696 September2013 (Walmart)
Start: EQ 584 Feb2012 / TU 629 July2012

Wallet: BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig $5000 / Lowe's $6000 / JCP $3900 / eBay MC $3200 / Barclaycard Rewards $2000 / Walmart $3300 / CapOne NHRC $2000 / CapOne Platinum #1 $2000 / Amazon $1700 / Discover It $1000 / CapOne Platinum #2 (former Orchard) $750 / Amex Zync $500 Autopay
Established Contributor
kroberts67

Re: PIF or gradually pay off to maximize increase in score?

TravellingNomad wrote:

well i did it...all 7-8 cc i have that had been floating around 60%-85% util has been paid off!...including the my personal loan balance of 5.5k from those blood suckers One Main. so in the past 2 weeks ive paid off a total of about $12k of my debts. the only thing left is my personal loan from Alliant CU which is just under 4k. so im practically at a clean slate when it comes to my cc's. ive decided that i will only use my alliant visa and discover miles cards as my 2 main monthly cards to pay bills with and pif each month. the other ones will be put away and used for emergencies. at this point...whether my fico scores get a big jump or not...its not as important as being able to breathe a lot easier because im almost debt free! woohoo!!!!

Congrats!!  What a great feeling!  I'm still working on getting miine down, about 10% each month...  I hate being patient!  

FICO: EQ 727 | TU 724 | EX 718
SFFCU Visa $11.3k + LOC $5k, USAA Amex $6k, USAA MC $7k, Amex BCE $4.5k, Cap1 $1k, Freedom $5k, Slate $3.2k, Barclays SM $5k.

My Credit Repair Journey

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+