Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIF or leave a 1-9% util?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: PIF or leave a 1-9% util?

the good news is you can report balance  and not pay for it.

your monthly payment is for charges made during the last cycle if you pay that payment by the due date, then charges made during current cycle will make up the next cycles "New Balance" free of charge, PIF as interest are concerned doesn't require a zero balance.
Message 21 of 23
heyhey120

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
This is awfully low-tech, but I called my card issuers and asked when they report. (And then looked at the dates on my credit reports to confirm!) Then I wrote in my calendar/ planner, about 5 days before reporting date on each one, the card name, the reporting date, the CL, and the $ range reflecting 1 - 5%. So I know to either add some charges or do a partial payment to get the balance in that range, wait for 3-4 days after the reporting date, and then PIF.

That's the plan, anyway. This is why I'm happily stopping at 4 CC's and a store card. Life is too short to keep up with this crap for long. After a couple of months, I will do as suggested above, and just do 2 cards per month, alternating them.

If I lose my planner, though, I'm sunk!

That is exactly. to a tee, what i do too! Good ol microsoft word, charts, ann color coding haha! Then I send to dropbox so I have a reference on my phone. Whatever works right?

My Scores: Walmart (TU) 11/10/2013~647, EXP 11/2013~679. GOAL~~700 Club by mid 2014
Message 22 of 23
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@heyhey120 wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
This is awfully low-tech, but I called my card issuers and asked when they report. (And then looked at the dates on my credit reports to confirm!) Then I wrote in my calendar/ planner, about 5 days before reporting date on each one, the card name, the reporting date, the CL, and the $ range reflecting 1 - 5%. So I know to either add some charges or do a partial payment to get the balance in that range, wait for 3-4 days after the reporting date, and then PIF.

That's the plan, anyway. This is why I'm happily stopping at 4 CC's and a store card. Life is too short to keep up with this crap for long. After a couple of months, I will do as suggested above, and just do 2 cards per month, alternating them.

If I lose my planner, though, I'm sunk!

That is exactly. to a tee, what i do too! Good ol microsoft word, charts, ann color coding haha! Then I send to dropbox so I have a reference on my phone. Whatever works right?

The thread is a few days under 6 years old, think this is the oldest rebirth I have seen.

Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.