Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLEASE HELP!!! WHAT'S THE BEST CARD TO APP FOR

tag
alsawye
Contributor

PLEASE HELP!!! WHAT'S THE BEST CARD TO APP FOR

So I am gonna be moving in june due to a family emergency and ti is gonna cost me roughly $1500 in total, after may 10th my scores should all be right close to 700 if not over, i want to get a card with enough limit so that the card is not maxed out after the move, who should i app? 

right now my highest limit is $750 and i have about 2.5 yrs of credit history once my collections are removed my reports are crystal clear.  please help any advice is appreciated

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: PLEASE HELP!!! WHAT'S THE BEST CARD TO APP FOR

a credit union cc eg. Alliant
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 2 of 6
alsawye
Contributor

thanks for the response, any other ideas... anyone?
Message 3 of 6
kyobakes
New Contributor

Maybe try discover?  When my scores were up around 700, they gave me a 4400 limit on a student card....way more than i ever expected.  They gave my parents a 25,000 limit.
Message 4 of 6
alsawye
Contributor

arent they sticklers on inqs and new accts oh and what was your income at the time if ya dont mind me askin, mine is 35k
Message Edited by alsawye on 05-05-2009 04:35 PM
Message 5 of 6
kyobakes
New Contributor

like...$8,000 or so.  I'm a college student that works at Target.  I don't make much money!  They didn't require me to give income when I applied.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.