Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLZ HELP ME....Denied American Express?

tag
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

PLZ HELP ME....Denied American Express?

I applied for Amex and I was denied they sent me letter for reason why I was denied one said No Recent Revolving Balances what does that mean?..I pay all my cards in full before due date.... The other one is Lack Of Recent Installment Loan Information?, I have no loans..

On my credit profile under the credit card Utilization Rate is $0 is that good or bad??

I have been useing all of my cards and total credit card bal would be at $0 and I just got approved for Ebay credit card used it same day but thats the only one that will show that I have bal of $13, right now I have a bal on my Dicover card but it doesnt show up why is that?

My Dicover card is NEW I have a bal on it....it said please check back ofter Nov 2, when your staement period close..So do I pay before the Nov 2nd or after??

I seriously feel like crying I have so many questions.

Theresa.

As of 9/13"
Starting Score: 600
Goal Score: 740
Garden till 10/14"
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: PLZ HELP ME....Denied American Express?

Ya, you can't PIF BEFORE the due date.  CC lendors typically do not like to see that.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 22
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

CC lendors typically do not like to see that,

Dont like to see what? me PIF

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 3 of 22
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Flying_High wrote:

I applied for Amex and I was denied they sent me letter for reason why I was denied one said No Recent Revolving Balances what does that mean?..I pay all my cards in full before due date.... The other one is Lack Of Recent Installment Loan Information?, I have no loans..

On my credit profile under the credit card Utilization Rate is $0 is that good or bad??

I have been useing all of my cards and total credit card bal would be at $0 and I just got approved for Ebay credit card used it same day but thats the only one that will show that I have bal of $13, right now I have a bal on my Dicover card but it doesnt show up why is that?

My Dicover card is NEW I have a bal on it....it said please check back ofter Nov 2, when your staement period close..So do I pay before the Nov 2nd or after??

I seriously feel like crying I have so many questions & im not getting any answers.

Theresa.

Ignore lack of installment loans. I have none either and have no problem getting cards.

Zero utilisation is very good. You can have one card report a balance within 10% of the limit to raise your score a little, but it is not that big of a deal.

Most cards report around the date the statement closes. Discover will not show until sometime around November 2. Ebay will show when that statement closes.

You can pay before or after for Discover, it does not matter. If you pay before, it will show a zero balance on the credit report. If you pay after, it will show whatever balance you have.

@Repo-ed wrote:

Ya, you can't PIF BEFORE the due date.  CC lendors typically do not like to see that.

If you meant to say before the statement date, I do it all the time.

Message 4 of 22
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

Ignore lack of installment loans. I have none either and have no problem getting cards...Ok

Zero utilisation is very good. You can have one card report a balance within 10% of the limit to raise your score a little, but it is not that big of a deal..Ok

Most cards report around the date the statement closes. Discover will not show until sometime around November 2. Ebay will show when that statement closes..The last time I paid my Cap1 bill after due date It actually droped my TransU credit score and put me pass due, I had to call them and have them fix my credit score ever since that time I always PIF on all my cards. I never understood why that happen.

You can pay before or after for Discover, it does not matter. If you pay before, it will show a zero balance on the credit report. If you pay after, it will show whatever balance you have...Much rather pay before due date

Thanks for helping me outWoman Happy

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 5 of 22
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Flying_High wrote:

Ignore lack of installment loans. I have none either and have no problem getting cards...Ok

Zero utilisation is very good. You can have one card report a balance within 10% of the limit to raise your score a little, but it is not that big of a deal..Ok

Most cards report around the date the statement closes. Discover will not show until sometime around November 2. Ebay will show when that statement closes..The last time I paid my Cap1 bill after due date It actually droped my TransU credit score and put me pass due, I had to call them and have them fix my credit score ever since that time I always PIF on all my cards. I never understood why that happen.

You can pay before or after for Discover, it does not matter. If you pay before, it will show a zero balance on the credit report. If you pay after, it will show whatever balance you have...Much rather pay before due date

Thanks for helping me outWoman Happy

The information I gave was miscommunicated.

Usually you have to be thirty days late before a late appears on a credit report, but they can report before then. Never pay late on any type of loan. With a credit card at least make the minimum payment. That is what the due date means; it is due on or before that date.

With Discover I meant pay before or after the statement date, not the due date. You said your statement date is November 2. You do not have to pay it before then, and if you do not, it will report a blance to the credit bureaus.

Message 6 of 22
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Flying high- I think you misunderstood the ops point... Which is of course, always pay on time!!!

But pif before the due date or the date your statemenr cuts is bad because if your statemenr balance is at zero on evert account, then it looks like you aren't using your credit responsibly or even at all. Lenders like to see you use a little credit <9% bc that's how they make their money. What is your FICO btw?
I got approved for the Amex BCE earlier this month... I have a 696 TU Fico, 12% util, about 3 yrs aaoa, and $36k in deferred student loans.

Hope this helps :-)

PS.. Maybe try to call Amex Exec office to speak with them about it... OR fig out which of your accounts' next statement cutting date is soonest and let that one report a balance so that if Amex pulls your report, you'll have some utilization :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 22
JonStur
Established Contributor

Go to the back door numbers thread on here and find AMEX. Call them  and get an underwriter to manually review your app. They should be able to answer all your queries.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 22
Flying_High
Regular Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy

But pif before the due date or the date your statemenr cuts is bad because if your statemenr balance is at zero on evert account, then it looks like you aren't using your credit responsibly or even at all...On both of my Cap1 cards they do give me due date i do PIF before that but still comes up $0

What is your FICO btw? The last time I checked 1 month ago my FICO TU it was 741 it could have changed since I got 3 new cards, Now on my last FICO EQ it was 692 after denied at Amex my score changed they said my FICO EQ score is 685..

aaoa is 9 months

OR fig out which of your accounts' next statement cutting date is soonest and let that one report a balance so that if Amex pulls your report, With my Dicover I'll wait after Nov 2nd and so what happens.

@ JonStur...I am thx

@navigatethis12...Im going to wait for my statement to come out and then pay..thank you so much

As of 9/13"
Garden till 10/14"
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reasons that Amex and other lenders give for denials or "less than best" terms on a card aren't always that accurate.  Sometimes they may be spot on, but just as often you have to just focus on the first one or the one that actually seems to apply the most, or just kind of read between the lines.

Ideally, you want to have one card report a small (<10%) balance and all others report $0 to maximize FICO.  The balance reported is almost always the balance on your statement.  But honestly, unless you have some really high utilization reported, I doubt that was the reason for denial.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.