Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PNC Bank Secured Card

tag
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: PNC Bank Secured Card

This is not true.  You can definitely be declined for this card.

When I inquired as to why I wasn't approved, I was told:.......he didn't get approved

Too many recent inquires

Chapter 13 BK (dismissed 02/12)

Paid Judgment on report.

Message 21 of 28
ewo

Yeah, I was really sad I got denied after everyone posted it was 100% approval. I just wanted to post a warning, because since the deposit has to be drawn on PNC Bank, I had to open a deposit account there -- which can't be closed for six months without a fee.

At this point I'm hoping their back office closes the account after they see my credit - otherwise I have to pay $7/Month for the next 6 months. They told me 6-8 weeks to get my application deposit back.

YMMV. Use caution, is IS NOT a sure thing.
Message 22 of 28
Lexi_Tai
New Visitor

Wowsers, 

Thank you for the heads up. I have banked with PNC for several years but never had any other products - like a credit card. Now I think I will have to continue to work this out before apply. 

Time to start over, start stronger...
Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

The secured credit card is an excellent way to develop the building steps in which you will have to take to repair your credit. Some of them graduate and some don't. The PNC secured specifically though, and unfortunately, does not graduate without further approval. In which they credit is ran again to determine eligibility. These cards however are good to start. If anyone has any questions feel free to write me at anytime I am an account manager and credit consultant for Credit Repair. No not the " we will remove anything" kind. Only inaccurate and unverifiable data can be removed. 

Message 24 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you happen to know whcih credit breau they check?

Message 25 of 28
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you happen to know whcih credit breau they check?

I've got their Flex, and they pulled EX (Illinois).

Message 26 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just applied for mine on March 19 2015.... still waiting.... someone said somebody got theirs in a week? My paperwork said around 4 weeks...18.99% APR... I know the min is $250.00... 

Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved and it took about a month
Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.